VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm shooting a music instructional DVD in a 12'x13' room on a dark brown colored muslin backdrop. I would like to improve my lighting situation (have been using two halogen shop lights in the past (aimed at the ceiling)) What items do I need to purchase to achieve acceptable lighting for this video? Not looking for the best stuff out there, just the bare minimum as I'm not shooting a Hollywood epic, but want to upgrade from the shop lights
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wouldn't have a clue what to buy at a store like that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sdsumike619 View Post
    I wouldn't have a clue what to buy at a store like that.
    okay this should help a little I really don't know what yor trying to accomplish I think your trying to do this http://video.about.com/desktopvideo/Lighting--Three-Simple-Setups.htm
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now we're talkin! Do you use this kit? How far would those lights have to be away from the subject? Space is kinda cramped in here
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sdsumike619 View Post
    Now we're talkin! Do you use this kit? How far would those lights have to be away from the subject? Space is kinda cramped in here

Yes I use this principle for certain projects, different method for different shoots. It's a basic lighting princple to give attention to your subject.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, all I want to achieve is even lighting for an instructional video, no portraits or rembrandts or any of that stuff. Just bright even light that won't cause a glare, etc.
    Quote Quote