VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying to convert a .MOV file to an FLV file. I drop the MOV file, choose FLV, and choose 16:9 format. When I click encode, it instantly "dings" and there is a zero KB file created.

Can anyone suggest what I may be doing wrong or why this is happening?

Thank you so much in advance for your assistance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Please post the Process Information log for this conversion. You may access this log by clicking the blue "i" in the ffmpegX Progress window after a conversion attempt.
    Quote Quote  
  3. FFmpeg version CVS, Copyright (c) 2000-2004 Fabrice Bellard
    Mac OSX universal build for ffmpegX
    libavutil version: 49.0.0
    libavcodec version: 51.9.0
    libavformat version: 50.4.0
    Thu Feb 3 16:06:12 CST 2011
    Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from '/Users/scottross/Desktop/TeamLiftOff YouTube.m4v':
    Duration: 00:08:11.9, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 1636 kb/s
    Stream #0.0(eng): Audio: aac, 44100 Hz, stereo
    Stream #0.1(eng), 30.00 fps(r): Video: h264, yuv420p, 640x400
    Codec type mismatch for mapping #0.0 -> #0.0
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1/ You don't have to convert MP4 to FLV for embedded web playback. The Flash Player plugin (v9+) will play MP4, just like FLV.

2/ The "Codec type mismatch for mapping #0.0 -> #0.0" error points to the stream order in your source file (audio stream before the video stream), which the (old) version of ffmpeg inside ffmpegX can only deal with when told about it. The usual fix for this error is to set "Invert mapping" in the Audio tab. Then ffmpegX will convert each stream as intended.
    However, there seems to be a bug or incompatibility that makes the conversion to FLV when also setting "Invert mapping" less than useful, as the output FLV seems to "stutter" in embedded web playback.
    One workaround has been to reverse the stream order in QuickTime Pro, so that it "Invert mapping" doesn't have to be used in ffmpegX.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Case,

Thanks. I realize that I don't need to convert MP4 to FLV for internet streaming. That was the last conversion I tried. I was just trying to use different formats to get an FLV file thinking perhaps it would work with something other than FLV. I need an FLV file for the web meeting service that I use. It only accepts FLV files.

I tried to do a .MOV to .FLV and this was the result:

Encoding started on Sun Feb 6 14:52:39 CST 2011
    FFmpeg version CVS, Copyright (c) 2000-2004 Fabrice Bellard
    Mac OSX universal build for ffmpegX
    libavutil version: 49.0.0
    libavcodec version: 51.9.0
    libavformat version: 50.4.0
    [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x5597b8]negative ctts, ignoring
    Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from '/Users/scottross/Documents/WorldVentures/Webinars/01.12.2011_ScottRoss_US_Pres_SHORT_H264.mov':
    Duration: 00:05:52.8, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 1038 kb/s
    Stream #0.0(eng): Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, stereo
    Stream #0.1(eng), 29.97 fps(r): Video: h264, yuv420p, 640x360
    Codec type mismatch for mapping #0.0 -> #0.0

How do you invert the audio/video in Quicktime?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hopeisnotastrategy View Post
    I need an FLV file for the web meeting service that I use. It only accepts FLV files.
    You could try that service with a renamed file: foo.mov --> foo.flv.
    It is possible that this may work, as the FLV format allows H.264 video and AAC audio, just like this MOV file has. If it works, then that would be the easiest solution. Worth a try, perhaps?

Originally Posted by hopeisnotastrategy
    How do you invert the audio/video in Quicktime?
    The workaround link points to an older post on this forum which tells how to invert the streams. You need the Pro activation for this kind of editing, as well as for saving the result to a new file.
    Quote Quote