VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all!

I have an MKV container here giving me some issues I have never ran into before. I extracted the MKV and got the raw files, Which were H264 and DTS. The issue is here, my VirtualDub cannot handle neither Formats.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try xmedia recode to convert the mkv directly to avi with divx/xvid and ac3 or something.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the quick response!

Well, tried it and used it but it seems to have pretty much destroyed the quality of the film.. It was a 720p, and this brought it down in both size and quality a considerable amount.

Any ideas on how I might go about doing this Manually?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In VDub 1.9.9 or higher you need to have the DShowInputDriver.vdplugin in the plugin folder of VDub. For the audio part you
    need to have AC3ACM installed. Then open the .mkv, go to the audio tab, select full processing mode, again in the audio tab
    under compression, select AC3ACM on the left and on the right side choose 224 kBit/sec 48.000 Hz, Stereo 28 kB/s. Under the
    Video tab chose compression, then XviD MPEG-4 Codec. Then under File, Save as AVI. I just set one up and its dubbing right
    now. Of course you need to have XvID-codec installed, i'm not sure if FraunhauferMP3Codec is also necessary. I hope it works
    for you.
    written by patto6
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by konzine View Post
    Thanks for the quick response!

Well, tried it and used it but it seems to have pretty much destroyed the quality of the film.. It was a 720p, and this brought it down in both size and quality a considerable amount.

Thanks!
    Increase the bitrate and video size in xmedia recode...you can adjust everything....
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Originally Posted by konzine View Post
    Thanks for the quick response!

Thanks!
    Increase the bitrate and video size in xmedia recode...you can adjust everything....
    I did increase bit rate and video size. The issue was, with the particular video, the frames would become choppy and distorted to the point where it was unpractical to watch it.

Originally Posted by patto6 View Post

In VDub 1.9.9 or higher you need to have the DShowInputDriver.vdplugin in the plugin folder of VDub. For the audio part you
    need to have AC3ACM installed. Then open the .mkv, go to the audio tab, select full processing mode, again in the audio tab
    under compression, select AC3ACM on the left and on the right side choose 224 kBit/sec 48.000 Hz, Stereo 28 kB/s. Under the
    Video tab chose compression, then XviD MPEG-4 Codec. Then under File, Save as AVI. I just set one up and its dubbing right
    now. Of course you need to have XvID-codec installed, i'm not sure if FraunhauferMP3Codec is also necessary. I hope it works
    for you.!
    Thanks, this is what I was roughly looking for actually.

I did end up using Avidemux, and it seems to have worked pretty effing flawlesly, but I'd like to keep it all in Vdub if I can.

Are there any benefits from VirtualDub compared to Avidemux, or can Avidemux handle and do most thing that VirtualDub Can?

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hello there
    do not trapped in converting MKV to avi issues any more. for get the videos without any quality loss, here we are going to introduce the HD Video Converter to help you a lot cause we can choose the right output items.

Just enjoy it and transcode the codec well!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hanjian View Post
    transcode the codec
    Yeah sure!

Quote Quote