VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all, I am a newbie when it comes to video converting and the associated stuff.

I have 3 .iso files and after mounting with power iso i can see AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders containing a lot of vob, bup, ifo files.
    What i want to do is convert each .iso file into a separate dvdrip. I'm a total newbie at this so could you please tell me the procedure on how to do that via simple noob understandable steps?
    Also could you please tell me which video format would be the best for the rip.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Shrink can open the iso and also join them all, http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/flipper/

If you want to keep the menus you can use dvdremake pro, http://www.dimadsoft.com/dvdremakepro/ht_merge_full.php

Or do you want to convert to some other format? Like avi divx/xvid?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply, but what i want actually is that I want to convert the many .vob files in a single .iso file into a single dvdrip file with extension like avi, mpeg, because the vob files take up huge amounts of space. Can you tell me what the best extension would be for it?

Now that you've given a link on how to combine the vob files, can i just combine them and then convert the one final file into the avi, mpeg format?

Also, are the bup and ifo files of any use?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Fairuse Wizard, Autogk, Staxrip, Xvid4psp

But noone will make a single avi from all. No such software exists.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by deepwoodsv View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but what i want actually is that I want to convert the many .vob files in a single .iso file into a single dvdrip file with extension like avi, mpeg, because the vob files take up huge amounts of space. Can you tell me what the best extension would be for it?
    So what you really want to do is turn the 3 ISO files into 3 video files(avi files)?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but what i want actually is that I want to convert the many .vob files in a single .iso file into a single dvdrip file with extension like avi, mpeg, because the vob files take up huge amounts of space. Can you tell me what the best extension would be for it?
    So what you really want to do is turn the 3 ISO files into 3 video files(avi files)?
    Yes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Just keep the ISO mounted and follow Baldrick's suggestions. And in the future forget about those VOB files in the VIDEO_TS folder. Those are NOT your target. Your target is to convert that complete DVD to a single compressed file...not those individual VOB files.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VOBtoMPG will do the job.
    Then convert resulting MPG file to
    AVI (Xvid, DiVX, ...)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Baldrick said that one single video file cannot be made. But people make dvdrip of music dvds on the net. I have seen both .iso versions and .avi versions of those dvds. Please help, i need to convert a 20gb dvd consisting of 3 .iso's into 3 separate avi's.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by ogk View Post
    VOBtoMPG will do the job.
    Then convert resulting MPG file to
    AVI (Xvid, DiVX, ...)
    Thanks i'll try it.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick said that one single video file cannot be made. But people make dvdrip of music dvds on the net. I have seen both .iso versions and .avi versions of those dvds. Please help, i need to convert a 20gb dvd consisting of 3 .iso's into 3 separate avi's.
    They can make a single avi from each dvd. But not from all three to one as I thought you wanted(I missed the separate part....

You don't have to use vob2mpg.
    Quote Quote  
  12. My Solution> Mount Iso> Open dvd decrypter or dvdfab and extract the dvd folder > then use any gui to convert to avi, mkv.

My Preference to mount: daemon tools lite(free)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dylz View Post
    My Solution> Mount Iso> Open dvd decrypter or dvdfab and extract the dvd folder
    Did you actually THINK before you typed that?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Simple=Better
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dylz View Post
    Simple=Better
    Mounting the ISO reveals the VIDEO_TS folder....so why would anyone in their right mind open that with DVDDecrypter to go to an .AVI file when DVDDecrypter does not do AVI files?....and neither does the free version of DVDFab(DVDFabDecrypter)?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    And you don't need to mount an ISO as both those programs will open an ISO directly

Way to many extra steps to get from A to B
    Quote Quote