VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Okay so I have a hobby of RC Helicopter flying and recently I mounted my Sony Cybershot Camera, well long story short, I crashed at the end of the flight. But a video file was still created in my memory card, a somewhat large video file in .MP4 format (72 MB). Anyways, it does not play. So I was wondering if maybe you guys could look at the video file or if there was any possible way that it was simply missing an ending code or something that would allow it to be played?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That question has been asked a million times and there is no definative answer. There are a few programs that claim they can repair damaged mp4 files, but from my experience they don't seem to work. A limited amount of people have had success using a hex code editor to replace damaged header in the mp4s from an undamged file made from the same camera. If you post the damaged file maybe we can take a look at it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    wakawaka54, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote