I will try to make this as short as possible, but I really need suggestions guys. I have an ati 4500. Up until yesterday I had been using the driver package from 2009, version 9.6. I was also using an older version of ffdshow. I watch most of my movies with zoomplayer and the video renderer is vmr9. It gives the best color colors, however it is usually pretty dark, so I use zoomplayers color controls to change the brightness and contrast. After installing a new version of ffdshow I can no longer get the color options to work with vmr9. Overlay still works, and other renderers, like cyberlink mpeg2 decoder work with vmr9 fine. I uninstalled ffdshow and put back the old version, I installed a new version of ati drivers and ccc after using drive sweeper to clean it. I even put back my computer to day one using an acronis system restore disc I made to no avail. I can not for the life of me figure out why vmr9 has lost the ability to use the application settings for color controls in either zoomplayer, and the overlay option in ffdshow. I have checked set pixel aspect ratio in output media type as well in ffdshow, since it ffdshow says you need to do that, however I never had that checked before. I've posted this on many different forums with a lot of people reading this but giving no suggestions, please help guys.