VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Movies I've ripped from online downloads would not play on my Sony cd/dvd player (DVP-NS55P) unless they are Sony, TDK, Phillips or JVL. I thought it was some region, or BRip not playable on regular dvd, but they do play back in my pc, my Sony dvd/cd changer, and on friends' dvd players. I burned a dozen different movies from different sources like dvd shrink on the same disc brand---DataRight (officedepot)---and they playback ok but not those from the online download. They crash and funny noises from struggling trying to load up are heard.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Low quality player + low quality disks = end result you see.

Reports say that this player takes ages to load disks. If the disk is then a poor quality.............

Different players will have different tolerance levels to self-burnt media.

Try a different/better brand such a Verbatim. But the problem is probably the player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by valdes001 View Post
    Movies I've ripped from online downloads would not play on my Sony cd/dvd player (DVP-NS55P) unless they are Sony, TDK, Phillips or JVL. I thought it was some region, or BRip not playable on regular dvd, but they do play back in my pc, my Sony dvd/cd changer, and on friends' dvd players. I burned a dozen different movies from different sources like dvd shrink on the same disc brand---DataRight (officedepot)---and they playback ok but not those from the online download. They crash and funny noises from struggling trying to load up are heard.
    What program are you using to convert these "downloads" to DVD Video(VIDEO_TS folder)?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I use Bitlord, then convertextodvd.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Bad discs or PAL format video would be my guess then.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thank you all. I'll just swap my cd/dvd players.
    Quote Quote