VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have 2 recorded audio tracks that i wanna combine into one song.How do i edit the audio?i need to overlap it,cut it,remove the noise,and make it sound like a studio recording.any freeware to do these?
    I can't live without my computer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I have an old, old version of Reaper that I use for overlapping. Nothing much easier than that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Audacity is your best bet, do all the editing in stereo then export as a single stereo file. It should work.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i want freeware
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aruwin View Post
    i want freeware
    You've already been told about Audacity...twice.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok,thanks guys!Im using audacity now
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    i want freeware
    Back when it first came out.....Reaper was freeware....and it is 10x easier than Audacity.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    i want freeware
    Back when it first came out.....Reaper was freeware....and it is 10x easier than Audacity.
    I have done all the editing.now I'm figuring out how to make the sound quality like the sound quality that is usually recorded onto CD.any ways how to do that?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1. Record in a good acoustical environment.
    2. Record with good microphones.

If you made a crappy recording from the start, no audio editing software can make it studio quality. Garbage in > garbage out.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by filmboss80 View Post
    1. Record in a good acoustical environment.
    2. Record with good microphones.

If you made a crappy recording from the start, no audio editing software can make it studio quality. Garbage in > garbage out.
    it's not a crappy recording but it can still be improvised.actually,the recording is good but i can hear some ppl talking background,so i wanna get rid of the talking voice.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    i can hear some ppl talking background,so i wanna get rid of the talking voice.
    And you think there is some way to get rid of that?.....seriously?
    Quote Quote  
  12. You could download the magix music maker trial and set it to karaoke, it cuts out all voice channels.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it's not a crappy recording but it can still be improvised.actually,the recording is good but i can hear some ppl talking background,so i wanna get rid of the talking voice.
    You said you wanted "the sound quality that is usually recorded onto CD." When recordings are made in the studio, there are not people talking in the background. Plus, each element of a professional recording (voice, instruments, backing vocals, etc.) are laid to separate recording tracks. If you have many elements combined into an audio track, you cannot separate them unless their frequency ranges are vastly different.

Human voices share a common frequency range, and you cannot filter out background voices without likewise filtering the main voice to an inaudible--or at least incoherent--mess. Also, if certain notes of a musical instrument fall into the same frequency range as the voices you are trying to filter, they too will be messed up.

You can use equalizing filters to help "brighten" the audio quality, but since you have one element among many laid onto a single audio track, you ultimately cannot isolate it.

End of story.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Watch this film and follow the method Hackman uses: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071360/

Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "The Conversation" was a movie. Sound designers simulated the effect Hackman's character was getting. Real-world scenario is not as quick and efficient as the movie simulation.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "The Conversation" was a movie. Sound designers simulated the effect Hackman's character was getting. Real-world scenario is not as quick and efficient as the movie simulation.
    Next you'll be telling me that you can't use "enhance" to get retina patterns from security camera footage.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    Next you'll be telling me that you can't use "enhance" to get retina patterns from security camera footage.
    Heh! Sometimes, when reading a text, it is difficult to know how firmly the tongue is in the writer's cheek.
    Quote Quote