VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using Visual Hub as well as FFMPEGX for online video encoding. I've downloaded Theora because it's said to be an add on to configure into both of these programs for output .ogg video files format for HTML5 publishing. How do I install ffmpeg2theora into FFMPEGX v0.0.9x? And how do I install THEORA-v1.1.1 into Visual Hub v.1.3.1?

I realize Visual Hub is nolonger supported; and is being developed under the name ReduxEncoder

Smitty
    B'klyn, NY
    OSX 10.4.11
    PPC G4
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I moved your post as the Glossary is just for information/definitions and I doubt you will get replies there.

Moderator redwudz

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by macphoto View Post
    I've downloaded Theora because it's said to be an add on to configure into both of these programs for output .ogg video files format for HTML5 publishing.
    Who did say that?

How do I install ffmpeg2theora into
    nope, ffmpeg2theora is an app (a command line app to be more accurate)

And how do I install THEORA-v1.1.1 into
    nope too (almost the same answer: theora is a library for developpers and a command line tool for final user, you can't incorporate it in an app)

bye
    For DVD, iPad, HD, connected TV, … iMovie & FCPX? MovieConverter-Studio 3 (01/24/2015) - Handle your camcorder's videos? even in 60p or 60i? do a slow-motion? MovieCam.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try VLC, believe it or not
    It was the best ap I found to make an .ogg
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok, since my understanding was wrong; perhaps I should ask how to import video container formats into Visual Hub and FFmpegx? I’m specifically interested in .ogg and .3gp container formats. According to Visual Hub's user guide this is possible. Yet I don’t see instructions for implementation. Is this something only a Developer can do?

FYI: User Guide/page 43
    Visual Hub version 1.3.1
    Quote Quote  
  6. Last time I checked VLC on the Mac only works as a player or server app for streaming. I don't have a PC.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ok, I did find this video demo for using ffmpeg2theora implemented the from command line to covert a video to the .ogg file format.

Quote Quote