VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was wondering how i measure the lens on my new FHD camcorder. And also if there were any universal adaptors i could slick in place to attach new lenses?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Start here:
    http://www.google.com

That is of course until you care to supply tons more information.
    Quote Quote  
  3. what type of info?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The camera brand and model would be a good start.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Medion Life P4710 (MD85960)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    This one?: http://www.medion.com/gb/electronics/prod/MEDION%C2%AE+LIFE%C2%AE+P47010+Digital+HD+Ca...=search_Medion OR Life OR P4710

It's hard to tell from the photos there. Does it have a threaded area in the front of the lens? You may have to measure it with a metric scale if it does, to determine the filter/adapter size. You may be able to find filters, but telephoto/wide angle adapters may not be available as most are only made for particular brands and models. They are normally not generic.

It looks like that camcorder is probably a generic model made in China, or nearby, and that company may export it under more than one name other than Medion. To find the real manufacturer, you might have to look on the cameras nameplate and do a search for Chinese or other importers. Not so easy at times.
    Quote Quote  
  7. It's german and legit. My Pa knows the Executive manager. No it doesn't have a thread. But yes it is that camera.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If the lens isn't threaded, there's not much you can do to add a regular filter or adapter. I haven't seen any that clamp on, but I suppose that's possible.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Toshiba CAMILEO® X100 that's three times as expensive - and it doesn't have that capability either.

You may have to look a little higher up the food chain to find a camera that had interchangable lenses, just saying.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote