VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there,

I am using a Hauppage WinTV HVR 2210 (PCIe) that has a single line input that takes a tv signal. I can record and playback using both WinTV 7 and Windows Expressions Encoder. In Windows Expressions Encoder, I set the "audio device" to the TV tuner card - i.e. Hauppage and not to my Sound card, Sigmatel (although I can see both options). See below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	WEE.jpg
Views:	1960
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	5344

However, when I use Virtual VCR, the video device selection shows the Hauppage card, but the audio device selection ONLY shows the Sound card, Sigmatel. Using the audio device as Sigmatel does not work in Virtual VCR and neither does it work in Expressions Encoder. This results in no audio in Virtual VCR. See Image below:
    Name:  VVCR.jpg
Views: 3071
Size:  46.2 KB

What should I do?

Thanks!!!

PS. I tried manually typing in the device name in the audio device area, but it gave me a "no device found error".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Interesting
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i have the 2250, same card. yours might be the PAL equivalent.

in my system, i am using its built-in audio since it is enough for my needs, the audio brand is Realtek.

1. to capture video with audio, you must connect the [a/v source device]'s audio to the input connector of the audio in your system's motherboard. if you are using an external pci or usb audio card and it is the active audio device in your system (device manager) then use that as the input connector.

2. in the capture software setup or configuration box, set the audio to that device. in my case, i set it to the [Realtek HD Audio Input]. in yours, you may need to set it to the [SegmaTel Audio] input.

in your example screen shot, it seems virtualvcr is auto-configure to the correct audio device, your SegmaTel.

in the wintv 7 screen shot, you should set it to the SegmaTel as well.

its possible that wintv is reseting to the default wintv-7164 audio input and you have to reset it to segmatel every time, but i could be mistaken. if you want to use the wintv-7164 's audio then you will have to reconnect your [a/v source device] to that. but success in getting audio to work in that setup varies from person to person since there are slight issues. in my case, if i connect directly to the 7164 then there is a delay (or echo, depending on the capture software and how i have it setup) and sometimes i get a feedback problem. bottom line for me, its too much trouble to bother with it, that's i said it varies from p2p.

[img]vhelp_realtek_audio_setup.png[/img]

-vhelp 5470
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vhelp_realtek_audio_setup.png
Views:	1916
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	5349  

Quote Quote  
  4. I have the same problem with Virtual VCR and my AVerMedia HD DVR PCIe card. Only my Soundblaster X-Fi audio inputs appear. It detects DirectShow video capture drivers fine, but has problems picking up the audio capture part of the card. If anything, this is a bug in VirtualVCR. Try your card in VirtualDub, it should pick up the capture card's audio device correctly.

I'm surprised a Hauppauge card with an onboard encoder actually has DirectShow capture drivers. I'll keep the HVR-22x0 series in mind if I ever need a PCIe tuner card.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @vhelp:

Right now, I have only one TV signal cable going into the "TV in" input marked below. I am a little confused about your suggestion:

What exactly does the following mean?

"1. to capture video with audio, you must connect the [a/v source device]'s audio to the input connector of the audio in your system's motherboard. if you are using an external pci or usb audio card and it is the active audio device in your system (device manager) then use that as the input connector."

Below is a snapshot of my card:

Click image for larger version

Name:	hvr2250-board-diagram-b.jpg
Views:	845
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	5364

Are you saying I need a cable that goes from A/V1 or A/V2 to the motherboard?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it's telling you in order to capture audio you must connect the audio output of the device your recording from into you motherboards sound device ... not the capture device
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This card have internal audio ADC (soundcard). No cable between card and motherboard is required. The sound is sent over PCIe interface. AV1 and AV2 is for external composite and S-Video inputs, are two because is dual tuner. Two analog inputs can be converted in the same time.
    The issue is old software which can see the internal sound card from device.

Try the latest VirtualDub and select from Audio menu Capture device and from the same Audio menu Audio source >> Audio line (for composite and S-Video) or Audio tuner (for RF input).
    Keep in mind that VirtualDub can`t work with internal hardware mpeg2 engine, so only uncompressed or CPU compression.
    Quote Quote