VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Went to OfficeMax today because they have Verbatim DVD Media 100 PK on sale for $14.99 today and tomorrow. Had a $10 off $50 coupon so I brought 4 spindles. Got 'em home and found out they were CMC MAG. AM3! Not a big deal for me as I use them often enough to know how to burn them well, but now we know...!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Playing catchup eh.....

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/319565-Verbatim-Life-Series-DataLifePlus?p=1983041&...=1#post1983041

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/320968-So-what-brand-pf-DVD-blanks-is-everyone-usin...light=verbatim

Everyone here knew this long ago, well, almost everyone
    There are quite a few threads about it.

This is why i stopped going to officemax for them and buy them online from newegg for as cheap as $17.00 with free shipping.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507003

The search function is or friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well these are CMC MAG. AM3, not just CMC MAG M01 as previously reported. I added it to the list of DVD media. Still worth it to me for $12.49 a hundred.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm having issues with them,plus newegg is selling Verbatim made in India too

just buy TY on line when it's $19.99 free shipping.issue solved
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    been that way for over a year now...i dont mind the am3's so much but i got a batch of memorex CMC MAG M01 as backup stuff the other day and they were not good on some burners i have and only good on 1. If u need cheap stuff that does pretty good, look for TDK's with the "made by imation" on the side..they're usually RITEK f16's...i've been using them for over a year and they do fantastic. scans are great.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ckdexterhn View Post
    Well these are CMC MAG. AM3, not just CMC MAG M01 as previously reported. I added it to the list of DVD media. Still worth it to me for $12.49 a hundred.
    Well the point is, everyone pretty much already knew the white packaged verbatim from officemax is crap & not to buy it.

Verbatim Life Series DVD-R Spindle - Oh no, CMC!
    CMC MAG is CMC MAG, does it really matter after that.......

LOL!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MJA View Post
    I'm having issues with them,plus newegg is selling Verbatim made in India too

just buy TY on line when it's $19.99 free shipping.issue solved
    Yeah i have gotten both from newegg but i have not had a problem ever with the stuff from india, i'm talking just single layer dvd+r, since they started making some of them there.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Verbatim Life Series DVD-R Spindle - Oh no, CMC!
    CMC MAG is CMC MAG, does it really matter after that.......

LOL!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, it does, based on other replys. AM3 seems to produce better results than M01, and that does matter to some...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Buy better made quality media and it won't matter, because it will just be good!!

Well this crap is slightly better than this crap so.....

LOL!!

If it's worth putting on disc, then it's worth putting on good disc's otherwise why bother.....
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    Buy better made quality media and it won't matter, because it will just be good!!

Well this crap is slightly better than this crap so.....

LOL!!

If it's worth putting on disc, then it's worth putting on good disc's otherwise why bother.....
    Thanks for your feedback...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yeah, it does, based on other replys.
    Dude. You genuinely thought you had a "scoop" on this information and you imagined yourself being praised as a hero for posting it. Turns out you are WAY late on the info. GIVE IT UP. Stop double talking and backtracking.....and stop digging the hole.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Yeah, it does, based on other replys.
    Dude. You genuinely thought you had a "scoop" on this information and you imagined yourself being praised as a hero for posting it. Turns out you are WAY late on the info. GIVE IT UP. Stop double talking and backtracking.....and stop digging the hole.
    Wow, you are WAY OFF "dude". What double talking is being done? I am backtracking NOTHING! This is a forum, to share information. If I had seen in the other TWO threads where the CMC information was given, then I would have added the reply there...but I guess you genuinely think your reply is helpful too...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, it does, based on other replys. AM3 seems to produce better results than M01, and that does matter to some...
    Around here CMC=crap. It does not matter if it is AM3, M01 or something else. If you think differently that is your opinion, but I just avoid CMC altogether. It's just too easy to get good media online to play games about whether AM3 is not too sucky, but M01 blows chunks, etc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    CMC = crappy media company

This has been known about for at least 7 months now.
    More at http://www.digitalFAQ.com/forum/showthread.php/which-mcc-brand-2268.html

Don't buy Verbatim in offline stores.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    CMC = crappy media company

This has been known about for at least 7 months now.
    More at http://www.digitalFAQ.com/forum/showthread.php/which-mcc-brand-2268.html
    But we were talking about it at least 1 month earlier here....

Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Don't buy Verbatim in offline stores.
    And buying them online or offline (in a local store) does not really matter as long as you get the correct ones
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Interesting, I just bought 10 pc of Verbatim MIT discs on a blowout sale and came across this media code: : MAM4XG02 The discs have gold tops but are in Verbatim wrap. it appears to be the same ID from the now defunct? Kodak discs.That'll teach me to buy from shady stripmall computer stores.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Aren't you still buying Verbs from FS, Source or Staples when they are on sale? At least one of the 3 has them on at any one time. Getting harder to find +Rs though. I think only Staples still carries them. The -Rs are everywhere. +R double layer are everywhere as well but hardly ever go on sale anymore. I tend to just rip the discs to my 2TB drive and play the ISOs on the WDTV live since that plays them just fine. No need to even burn discs anymore it's getting to be...
    Quote Quote