VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Giveaway of the Day is offering DVDFab DVD Copy for free, today only. It comes with a one year license

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/dvdfab-dvd-copy/

As of this posting time, there are about 17hrs left to get it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Terms and conditions

Please note that the software you download and install during the Giveaway period comes with the following important limitations: 1) No free technical support; 2) No free upgrades to future versions; 3) Strictly personal usage.

Ahh, I didn't read this
    Dear users.
    We have contacted Fengtao Software considering license issue. The specific of the program implies that it does not work without updates, so we asked to extend GOTD license to 1 year.
    What is the result? Well, the new build is already uploaded and is waiting for you to grab it right away. So go ahead!
    ps: if you get “the key cannot be decrypted” message, please re-download the build with 1-year license.
    Sorry for this inconvenience.
    Have a nice day!
    GOTD team
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dvdfablicense.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	5320
    Last edited by stiltman; 27th Jan 2011 at 09:50.
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  3. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Was just going to post a thread for this. i usually just use HD decrypter but figured since dvdcopy was free, may as well test it out.
    What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity....
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes but will this license update the ripping software like a normal one, or will you have to wait the 30-60 days for the free version update

I installed it just to see it. I have used it since it first came out and it was pretty brutal on some DVDs
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  5. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stiltman View Post
    it was pretty brutal on some DVDs
    what do yo mean by brutal? it just wouldn't work or nothing could stop it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was wondering about the BRUTAL thing as well. I snagged it anyway. Can never have enough Decryption/Ripping Programs. You can't beat the price of that one.
    It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Denvers Dawgs View Post
    Originally Posted by stiltman View Post
    it was pretty brutal on some DVDs
    what do yo mean by brutal? it just wouldn't work or nothing could stop it?
    When it first came out, it had problems with DVD structures and would rearrange stuff as it thought it should go. Sometimes it would do it right, and sometimes it would hose it up. Then again this was when it first came out. It's been awhile I'm sure they've made some improvements, but once you get a bad taste in your mouth, you try not to repeat it.

I'm just curious if the decryption portion will get updated like the full licensed version, or if this "special" license version will only update as the freeware version does.
    Quote Quote  
  8. dang too late

This software was available as a giveaway on January 27, 2011, this giveaway is not available any more. You can download the trial version of this software at
    Quote Quote  
  9. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I believe I read that it will get the auto updates
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MJA View Post
    dang too late

This software was available as a giveaway on January 27, 2011, this giveaway is not available any more. You can download the trial version of this software at
    I find that -- for my own interests -- they (GAOTD) seem to offer something good that I actually want no more than once a month. But that's enough of a batting average to make my subscribing to their daily email list worthwhile. If I fail to keep up with that -- which has been known to happen -- I may miss out also.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Looks like a waste of crippled software
    Yes, DVD copy is licensed

However, The ripper is not. I haven't used it for awhile. Just fired it up and it said the ripper expired.

Since 99% of the time you need both, makes it pretty useless
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Stiltman all the "ripper" portion of the software does is offers conversion to different formats like ipod, mobile, etc. The "copy" portion of the software rips the dvd to the hard drive.

I do my own conversions using handbrake and autogk so not having the "ripper" portion means very little to me.

I also think they named their "rippper" section poorly. Would have been more appropriate to name it "dvdconvert" or similar. Would cut out on a lot of confusions.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote