VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have a small video file taken from Aoi Blink series. This file has length of One minute and 19 second i used this filters:
    Code:
    AVISource("oBlink.avi")
    lanczosplusv3(1280, 720, cstr=1.5, depth=3)
    AwarpSharp2(depth=6)
    santiag(strh=2,strv=2)
    AAA()
    Toon(strength=0.6)
    DFTTest()
    LSFMod(strength=50)
    Levels(0,1,245,0,255,false)
    In addition, Used some VirtualDub filters to resize and improve video quality but the process to save the file take too much time about Two Hours to process One minute and 19 second only. Is there any chance to do the same work with a less time process for the hole file about 25 Minutes ?

Original file:
    http://www.multiupload.com/G7FLKOXUQ4

Filtered file:
    http://www.multiupload.com/TA4L5W8HPG

Best Regards,
    SB4
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Get a PC that is 4 times faster than the one you have now
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You need to get rid of the field blending artifacts first (look into SRestore()). You've also distorted the image (stretched 4:3 to 16:9) and removed all small details. Is that overcompressed Xvid AVI your real source? Or are you starting with a DVD? Something else?
    Last edited by jagabo; 27th Jan 2011 at 08:34.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    guns1inger maybe i will in the future

jagabo the source file is an MKV file i convert it to avi to work with avisynth filters.
    i will see SRestore but first do you think i need all the fiters i use in the script ?!
    i don't know alot about avisynth and filters work...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SB4 View Post
    [jagabo the source file is an MKV file i convert it to avi to work with avisynth filters.
    You don't need to do that - you can easily load mkvs straight into avisynth using dss2 and the haali media splitter

Cheers,
    David.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by SB4 View Post
    the source file is an MKV file i convert it to avi to work with avisynth filters.
    You don't need to do that. You can open the MKV files directly with DirectshowSource() or ffVideoSource(). If you still want to convert to AVI first use a lossless codec like HuffYUV or Lagarith.

Originally Posted by SB4 View Post
    do you think i need all the fiters i use in the script ?!
    I don't specialize in upscaling anime. I'm not familiar with all the filters you're using. You'll need to read up on them. But I think you're using way to much noise filtering. I generally don't consider upscaling worth the time and effort.

I recommend you upload a small sample of your actual source. Maybe someone who works more with anime will have some suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  7. You might find this interesting SB4
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by themaster1 View Post
    You might find this interesting SB4
    Keep in mind that most of the sample images in that thread have no texture detail. So they don't suffer from severe denoising. Your (the OP) video has lots of texture detail (the wood grain for example) which gets obliterated.
    Quote Quote  
  9. As suggested, post a source sample
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is a sample file:
    http://www.multiupload.com/XU0TA6YV8W
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm not sure you can do much about the blends, it looks like a blend deinterlace was applied. Maybe others have better ideas how to deal with that

I would leave it as is , or just leave the antialiasing (santiag should be enough)

upscaling doesn't help much here, all you do is waste bitrate (larger filesize required, not "better" quality). Let your player do the upscaling
    Quote Quote  
  12. This will take care of most of the blends:

SRestore(omode="pp0") #gets rid of blends
    TDecimate() #frame from 29.97 to 23.976
    If you really want to upscale try nnedi3:

nnedi3_rpow2(2) #2x enlargement, 720x480 -> 1440x960
    LanczosResize(960,720)
    Last edited by jagabo; 28th Jan 2011 at 09:30.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @poisondeathray
    i will do as you said and add just santaig filter

@jagabo
    i will use blends filters but i have problem with some parts
    of the video look at the image below:

Original image:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	originalblink.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	5324

Blend image:

Name:	blendblink.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	5325

Sample file:
    http://www.multiupload.com/XZLX6ONFNC
    Quote Quote  
  14. Not the same frames. And is that at a scene change?

Deblenders aren't perfect anyway. Sometimes the source is too messed up.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Those are artifacts from imperfect deblending (and from compression artifacts in the MKV source). I don't think there's anything you can do about them. It's certainly less annoying than the two blended frames in the source:

Name:	p1.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	5330

Name:	p2.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	5331
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @manono
    I'm sorry it is my mistake. What do you mean Deblenders aren't prefect?!
    Do you have other method for Deblenders ?!

@jagabo
    Good work i like the result very much. It's the first time dealing with blending artifact
    Last edited by SB4; 29th Jan 2011 at 05:15.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Well, they depend on at least one field of a pair being 'clean'. Sometimes you don't get that and they'll pass through a blended and bobbed field as the new frame. If the pattern changes it may take a few frames for it to latch onto the new pattern and you'll get a blended frame or two. Or maybe the pattern is so peculiar that it can't unblend it properly. Sometimes for PAL2NTSC stuff, rather than the usual 2 3 2 2 3 2 3 2 2 3 pattern, you might get 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 2 2 3, weird stuff like that. Sometimes they've been doubly blended and it's hopeless. And there's often the left over 'junk' as you showed in one of your pictures. Don't blame the unblending filter, but the DVD company that produced the lousy DVD.

Any other methods? There are other deblenders but SRestore is about the best, I think, although I often use RePAL for PAL2NTSC stuff.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @manono
    Thank you for the information
    Quote Quote  
  19. Because of the way the MKV file was made some of the original film frames appear only as 50/50 blends with the frames before and after:

Name:	abcd.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	5347

The top row is a sequence of 4 frames (A, B, C, D) from the MKV file. Between the original film frames A and D there was a frame X. That frame doesn't appear on its own within the MKV file so SRestore() had to reconstruct it by subtracting half of frame A from frame B, subtracting half of frame D from frame C, then adding those two together.

The artifacts in frame X are partly because the original video contained only fields, not full frames, and because of artifacts of h.264 compression used in the MKV file.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks jagabo i like your explanation
    Last edited by SB4; 7th Feb 2011 at 06:46.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Oh, it wasn't until I read jagabo's post that I realized it might be that rare form of blending - telecined video that's been blend deinterlaced. I downloaded it and sure enough... And looking farther up the thread, I now see I should have noticed jagabo's script unblending it.

Of course, it just shows you shouldn't download garbage from the Internet as it was obviously made by an idiot who ruined it. With the source DVD available all that would be needed would be a simple IVTC, and then there wouldn't be any of those artifacts and it would be 23.976fps and not 29.97fps..

And my explanation of blended fields doesn't apply to this kind of blending.

And beginning with the most recent NNEDI3, you can now go directly to the final resolution:

NNEDI3_rpow2(rfactor=2,cshift="lanczosresize",fwid th=960,fheight=720)

Although I agree there's no point in doing that, especially with a badly recompressed video to use for a source.
    Last edited by manono; 29th Jan 2011 at 10:34.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    that rare form of blending - telecined video that's been blend deinterlaced.
    Rare? I'd say the majority of NTSC sourced videos I've downloaded or seen on Youtube are like that!
    Last edited by jagabo; 29th Jan 2011 at 10:49.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Yeah, uploaders to places like YouTube often don't know the first thing about encoding and just deinterlace everything. I'm talking about the retail sources, the DVDs. You can bet the DVD from which that MKV was made wasn't blend deinterlaced.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Yeah, uploaders to places like YouTube often don't know the first thing about encoding and just deinterlace everything. I'm talking about the retail sources, the DVDs. You can bet the DVD from which that MKV was made wasn't blend deinterlaced.
    Lots of low-end commercial DVDs contain field-blended standards conversions.

Plenty of people don't deinterlace for YouTube, and upload interlaced video - that's a disaster.

Cheers,
    David.
    Quote Quote