VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I'm in desperate need of some help! For my grandmother's 80th birthday I created this video montage of her life using a program that was already on my computer, Windows Live Movie Maker. I spent HOURS upon hours putting this thing together, and now after spending even more hours on it I can't figure out how to get it onto a DVD to play. Here's what I've done so far: It was originally saved as a .wmv file, so I converted it to mpg (since it wasn't working burning it as a .wmv file). I burned the mpg file to a DVD+R with no luck. I also bought DVD-R's and tried that with no luck. What am I doing wrong?!? I just need to be able to burn this so we can watch it on any average DVD player. ANY help or advice would be soooo appreciated... I'm desperate! Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You need to Build the DVD using a suitable piece of software and then burn the resulting files.

I think DVDFlick will do what you want and it's free

Here's a guide http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/AVI_to_DVD_using_DVD_Flick_page1.html using an avi
    if all else fails Format Factory (also free) will convert a wmv to avi
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    chelsey_allen, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  4. Windows Live Movie Maker will burn the project to DVD for you. Search around in the "Save Movie" selection or watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZZij3NNyVg for help in finding the "Save movie" choice.
    Quote Quote