VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi friends,

I have an avi(no audio) and aac,srt files i want to merge and keep them as one .i don't want to use mkvmerge as it will change the conatainer to mkv .tried avi-mux gui but has problems when forwarding video(gets stuck) during playback.tried alltoavi but the file isn't playing Avidemux is not appending aac track any other s/w's??
    Last edited by kurian; 23rd Jan 2011 at 07:11.
    Quote Quote  
  2. can somebody help??
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there.

Originally Posted by kurian View Post

tried avi-mux gui but has problems when forwarding video(gets stuck) during playback.
    What software are you using for playing the remuxed .AVI ???
    For me, MPC-HC + Gabest AVI Splitter + ffdshow audio decoder
    have worked fine, so far. But you didn't mention the video compression
    of your problematic .AVI, nor the codec that your preferred player
    is using on it. The less you say, the less your work gets done.
    Sorry, but this is not Philadelphia Freedom.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Hi there.
    What software are you using for playing the remuxed .AVI ???
    For me, MPC-HC + Gabest AVI Splitter + ffdshow audio decoder
    have worked fine, so far. But you didn't mention the video compression
    of your problematic .AVI, nor the codec that your preferred player
    is using on it.
    Used KM,VLC,GOM players same effect .video is x264
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can try VirtualDubMod. Load your video, go to Streams > Stream list, "Add" your audio and subtitle streams, then press OK. Back in the main window, go to the Video menu, and make sure "Direct stream copy" is selected. Then, just save your AVI (File > Save As..., make sure to use a different filename than the original). No re-encoding of the streams should be done; it should (hopefully) repackage everything into a new AVI.

May I ask why you don't want to create an MKV, though? MKV is a better container for h.264 video than an AVI.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    I have an avi(no audio) and aac,srt files
    i want to merge and keep them as one
    and

Used KM,VLC,GOM players same effect .video is x264
    Just some wild-guesses, then:

Maybe the h264 video has been AVI-wrapped improperly.
    You could demux the "original" AVI to an elementary .h264 stream,
    remux this latter with avc2avi, or with Mencoder, and try AVI-Mux GUI again.
    Regarding the audio part, the manual says this:

4.4.3 Audio Interleaving

Audio interleave defines how video and audio data is organized within the file. With a
    correctly working player/splitter, audio interleave doesn’t matter, however, many players,
    especially hardware MPEG4 players, are rather picky here and require proper settings.

Audio interleave: If you select a certain number of frames, AVI-Mux GUI will simply store
    this certain number of frames in a sequence, and then stores the corresponding audio data.
    This can result in jerky playback if the data rate is very high at some point in the stream
    because in this moment it would require more prebuffering. If you select a certain size,
    AVI-Mux GUI will write a number of video frames, followed by the corresponding audio
    data, so that the entire block of video and audio data has the indicated size. This can
    only be an estimation, because the real size of the audio data is not known before actually
    reading it.
    Besides:

3.1.2 Importing .AAC files

If you import .AAC files with ADTS packing (this is the usual format of .AAC files), there is
    no reliable way to determine if the file is LC-AAC or HE-AAC. Usually, files with a sample
    rate of not more than 24 kHz are HE-AAC, files with higher sample rates are LC-AAC,
    however, this is only a rule over the thumb. Encoders usually require you to select the AAC
    profile when encoding, so you know if a file you encoded is HE-AAC or LC-AAC, and can
    select the correct profile manually if the wrong one is determined by the rule mentioned
    above. Right-click on a stream and select or deselect ’SBR’.
    Also, it's not impossible that those players you mentioned
    simply "don't like" subtitles in AVI files

And last but not least,
    http://www.alexander-noe.com/video/amg/#features says:

supports creating rec list

Forces Microsoft's AVI Splitter to read AVI files sequentially, without seeking on the disc (note: this breaks many hardware MPEG4 players)
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 31st Jan 2011 at 02:56. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote