VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I'm trying to convert MPEG files from Program Stream into Transport Stream without re-encoding the video. I found some free tools which work as txmuxer. The problem is that some of the files are impossible to convert, it says that program stream map is too large. It should be 18 bytes while my files have 24 bytes.

How can I fix this? Is there any program that can convert the large PS map size files?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. does it help if you try demuxing it to elementary assets first?

another option you can try is ffmpeg

ffmpeg -i input.mpg -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f mpegts output.m2ts
    Quote Quote  
  3. Oh, I had forgotten ffmpeg, thanks!

I've tried with TsRemux and it seems it works. But I'd like to use ffmpeg if possible cause it makes my workflow more efficient. I could program a GUI to use it only for this conversion. When I try to make the conversion with ffmpeg there's an error. It says:

st:0 error, non monotone timestamps 57057 >= 57057
    av_interleaved_write_frame(): operation not permitted

The number changes with each file. Why does this happen? I've tried to read ffmpeg documentation but I come to nothing. Is there any other options I should use??

thanks again

P.s. I forgot to mention that these files are MPEG PS encapsulated but its video codec is H.264.
    Quote Quote  
  4. not sure what the error indicates, it could be errors in the program stream

try adding
    -vbsf h264_mp4toannexb
    Quote Quote  
  5. -vbsf adds more errors. Thanks anyway!

I've looking the monotone stamps error on the net and it seems that is an old well-known bug in ffmpeg, apparently it's still there and have not been solved.

Meanwhile I have to use TsRemux and wait for this bug to be solved.

Thanks!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could use MPEGStreamclip or ProjectX or have you already tried these?
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote