VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This hasn't been working for me. I have a 7 GB DVD from the UK that is Region 2 PAL. I need to convert this to Region Free NTSC as well as preserve the menu. The first thing I do is use Windows Explorer to copy the VIDEO_TS folder on the DVD to my computer's hard drive. Then I run IFO edit and open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file and edit it to Region Free. Then I go and edit every place where it says "PAL" and change it to NTSC. I do this for the rest of the IFO files as well.

When I burn the disc, it won't play in my computer and I've tried using IMGBurn as well to create an image and select my layer break but that doesn't work either. In both situations I'm left with an expensive DL disc that will not play.

I'm wanting to presereve the menu on the disc. Please help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It doesn't work that way. What you are attempting to do has been discussed here MANY MANY times with the same conclusion...it's not worth it. Just buy a region free, converting DVD player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok thank you for the reply. I do apprecaite it. I've been using Nero 9 but it will not preserve the menu. That's really all I'd like to be able to do.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If it's been ripped to the HDD, the region code is not a problem.
    If you have a standalone that accepts PAL disks (I use a Philips DVP5990 or an RCA DRC247N) then the new burned disk should play ok.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I am by nature a kind person, but we need to know what country you live in to help.

Spend $50-120 on a region free dvd player and go out a enjoy your lifer without trying to learn a complicated frustrated ridden hobby for one dvd. Have the right dvd player opens up the ability to source dvd's from around the world that may not be available in your country.

I love this subject, it must win the prize for the most simple solution but made massively complicated by many many techies.

I have hundreds of dvd's which are region4, region1 and have converted many many projects pal<>ntsc and NEVER have had anyone say they play jerkilly(what a great word), so why oh why do people talk about fps, wether its film/video or was shot on the edge of a cliff by a chinaman, who F*********** cares.
    Last edited by victoriabears; 22nd Jan 2011 at 15:08.
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote