VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This is my second time here today asking for help :P lol
    Ok, I made this AviSynth Script :

LoadPlugin("D:\Video Tools\AviSynth 2.5\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_plugin\FluxSmooth.dll")
    LoadPlugin("D:\Video Tools\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\VagueDenoiser.dll")
    LoadPlugin("D:\Video Tools\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\gradfun2db\gradfun2db.dll")
    LoadPlugin("D:\Video Tools\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\MSharpen.dll")
    LoadPlugin("D:\Video Tools\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\EEDI2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("D:\Video Tools\AviSynth 2.5\MeGui\tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
    DGDecode_mpeg2source("C:\Users\EnKiDu\Desktop\New Folder\VTS_01_1.d2v", info=3)
    LoadPlugin("D:\Video Tools\AviSynth 2.5\MeGui\tools\avisynth_plugin\ColorMatrix.dll")
    ColorMatrix(hints=true, interlaced=true, threads=0)
    LoadPlugin("D:\Video Tools\AviSynth 2.5\MeGui\tools\avisynth_plugin\TIVTC.dll")
    tfm(order=1).tdecimate(mode=1,hybrid=1)
    Crop(4,0,-2,0)
    FluxSmoothST(7,7)
    VagueDenoiser(threshold=2, method=3, nsteps=4, chromaT=-1, interlaced=true)
    EEDI2().TurnRight().EEDI2().TurnLeft().MSharpen(th reshold=15, strength=50,mask=false, highq=true).bicubicresize(640,480)
    gradfun2db(1.8)

I put the denoiser before the resize because i'm supersampling, is that the correct way? Or should I add it after?

added a image with the results. Need some opinions.

Thanks
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2011-01-22-02h10m29s58.png
Views:	763
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	5258  

Quote Quote  
  2. 1. You don't need the colormatrix line because both your source and the output are standard definition and Rec.601.
    2. I wouldn't use tfm(order=1).tdecimate(mode=1,hybrid=1) unless there are some real 29.97fps parts in there. Have you checked? The 'hybrid=1' might lead to some blended frames of film parts and isn't a good idea unless there really are some 29.97fps parts in there, either interlaced or progressive.
    3. Since the original resolution isn't much different from the final resolution, I don't think it makes much difference where you place the denoisers. I think you're OK having them where you do. I also think you don't need the denoisers, or don't need them as strongly as you've set them.

I also don't think you need those EEDI2 calls, but to each his own.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The source is 29.97fps, and I replaced the denoisers with Deen(mode="a2d", rad=4, thrY=7, thrUV=9, min=0.5).
    EEDI2 is to prevent jagged lines. Is there any other alternative of use to EEDI2?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. If it's a properly made DVD there shouldn't be any jaggies after the IVTC. But you have the source, so if that's what it needs then use it.
    Quote Quote