VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'll try to keep this short and sweet..

I am using Sony Vegas Pro 10, and I have 3 layers.. 2 (grouped) are a video/audio layer (Wii recordings from Avermedia HD DVR) and the third layer is my commentary captured from a Blue Snowball USB Microphone. In the preview and in the timeline, the sound is synched perfectly..as soon as I try to render it (I've tried MANY different settings and filetypes) the sound and video go out of synch! My voice and the sound from the game ARE in synch with eachother, but the video is not in synch. It appears further down in the video (say at the 10 min mark) the more out of synch it gets. The video is more ahead of the sound, it seems.

How can I fix this? I posted on another forum, and the best I got was to render both separately, then mux them together.. It might work but it's far too time consuming to do that when I am trying to do a whole bunch of "episodes"

I am looking for a more permanent solution.. I am sure it's something simple, some setting or something.. anyway, thanks for reading and for any help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm having the same issue. No solutions so far. Any more thoughts?!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it usually happens when the audio is recorded using vbr or the video being used is vfr.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In that case, you can open the audio from the timeline into Sound Forge and convert to WAV, then it will come back into the project as "Take 2".

Right-click the audio and "open with...".

Not sure if it works with Audacity.
    Quote Quote  
  5. audio 48 Khz= video delayed
    audio 32 Khz= Not delayed

Render with 32 Khz audio

Reply if ok or not.

It was ok for me.
    Quote Quote