VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I hope you guys can find a solution because a strange issue with TMPGenc 4.0 xpress is bothering me at the moment:
    I am running this tool to convert my raw h.264 TS recordings to (mainly) 720*576 PAL format. Well I like this program as it does the conversion job very fast and the results are usually in very high quality. But for quite a time now the output files have missing frames. The files have some constant freezes and skip frames every few seconds. Audio is fine.
    It also has an affect on all formats. Whether I'm converting the h.264 file to AVI, MP4 or so the problem remains. So it looks like it is not a specific MPEG problem.
    Stangely enough a few weeks ago everything was fine, never skipped a frame. I haven't changed anything since then.
    I already reinstalled the tool, ffdshow, haali media splitter but the problem is still there.
    Could it be a damaged dll or something like this??

I hope you guys can suggest anything.
    Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you play the ts files with windows media player is ffdshow used then(check for the ffdshow notification area)?
    Have you tried convert with something else to just check how it works?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well I tried Xmedia recode instead and the output is fine here, no issues at all. But it is way too slow compared to TMPGenc.
    FFDshow symbols are not shown in the tray but I think I deactivated it...

Could it have something to do with DVR Studio HD!? I installed a trial a few weaks ago. But I didn't really like that thing and uninsstalled it shortly afterwards. And I belive I have the problems since then...
    Could it be that it might have uninstalled some essential dll's!?

You knwo, I tried to isolate the probem (or the reason for it) as good as I can but I'm really lost now..
    Quote Quote