VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi folks,

I have some specific needs and I do believe that an application exist, paying or free, I just did not find it yet

We have a in-house encoder and we need to drop the highest quality file into it.

this is our needs :
    - No encoding, just extraction
    - Possibility to create batch (if we connect 5 dvds player to the mac for example)
    - Split into scenes *see explanation below

If anybody knows one that could do it, please let me know it will be really appreciate.

PS : We tried handbrake and it did not do what we needed.

Raphael

* 6-7 years ago, I was using Flask MPEG, and it let me did dvd splitting. I was able to open an IFO, then see the whole dvd and should with the timeline, how many scene I needed, and then by processing it, it extracted me as many file as needed.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If we knew what type of files you want extracted we could help best I can do is mkvtoolnix can split and demux tracks from mkv, mp4boxgui can do the same for mp4 files project x can demux and probably split mpeg files accurately tsmuxer or tsdemux for TS files or demux bluray or open files in a allin one converter like avidemux which can demux or split a range of different formats ALL FREE.

Most are for win avidemux is for both.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks dylz for your reply

Let me explain what we do now :

We take the vob, if scenes are splitted into 2-3 files we join them, then split into scenes, then rename them into mpeg.

The end file can be anything, our encoder will take it, we just want to simplify the process, the way I explain in the initial post. For example, Flask Mpeg could be perfect, but the things is that we cannot find a way to not compress the output file. idealy, you enter the dvd into the application, you see all the videos, you split like do flask mpeg, then it export into mpeg2 without compression, since vob are mpeg2.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, never seen anything like it.
    You'd have to write your own software for this.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote