VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all, hope you can help. As far as the player that I have, it is a Panasonic dmp-bdt300 blu ray player. The problem is, I downloaded a movie and un- rared it to a matroska video file. I then used (AVS VIDEO CONVERTER) and after it was converted, I burned it to a BLU RAY RE 25GB DISC. In my computer the disc says it is a mpeg-ts video file. It's stream folder says m2ts. When I played it in my Panasonic I did not get any video, but the sound could be heard. I of course can see the video on my computer, but not in my Panasonic player. When I looked in the info. of the (AVS VIDEO CONVERTER PROGRAM) in the row it was being converted to. It had H.264/AVC. Could that be wrong for the video for blu ray player. There is no place in ( avs video converter) to change the video to any thing else. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to our conversion section as this is not any ripping and copying.

Try a better FREE mkv to avchd/blu-ray converter like avchdcoder, bdtoavchd, multiavchd. Burn with imgburn.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks Baldrick. I tryed AVCHD CODER and it worked, But should it take so long to code it and then burn it to blu ray disc? I add mitt I have a slow machine. A celeron chip 2gb of ram. Just built it about 6 months ago. Just to have a machine. Other one conked out. Will build faster one when money allowes. LOL It took all most 10 hours to do.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ReConverting to HD takes time and a celeron is not that fastest cpu....get a core i7 2600K.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    gweedow said ...

"Thanks Baldrick. I tryed AVCHD CODER and it worked, But should it take so long to code it and then burn it to blu ray disc? I add mitt I have a slow machine. A celeron chip 2gb of ram. Just built it about 6 months ago. Just to have a machine. Other one conked out. Will build faster one when money allowes. LOL It took all most 10 hours to do."

Where do they get these people from.... 'tryed' is really tried,,,,,,, 'add mitt' is really admit,,,,,'allowes' is really allows

I must say .... this country really needs more edumacation LOL
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gweedow View Post
    Thanks Baldrick. I tryed AVCHD CODER and it worked, But should it take so long to code it and then burn it to blu ray disc? I add mitt I have a slow machine. A celeron chip 2gb of ram. Just built it about 6 months ago. Just to have a machine. Other one conked out. Will build faster one when money allowes. LOL It took all most 10 hours to do.
    I've heard of worse than 10 hours.

You do sleep, right? So let's assume you get 8 or so hours. Is there a reason why you cannot just start this up 2 hours before you go to bed and let it do its thing? If you are one of those people who thinks that they cannot leave their PC running overnight while they sleep, there is no hope for you. I don't do a lot of encodes, but when I do them I usually do them while I sleep. It's very efficient that way and I don't care how long they take.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What if he only gets/needs 4 hours of sleep? Guess he could start it, get a snack, watch some pron, go to sleep, wake up, take a shower, have some breakfast... He's still waiting for 5 hours...

Ooooooorrrrrrrrr, get a media player and don't convert anything.
    Have a good one,

neomaine

NEW! VideoHelp.com F@H team 166011!
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=166011

Folding@Home FAQ and download: http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Quote Quote