VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just finished an install of my new computer, and I've encountered a small problem with Media Player Classic Home Cinema, I think I've had this before but it's been so long I can't remember how to fix it, something about an overlay.

My new graphics card is a Sapphire HD 5770, Media Player Classic Home Cinema will only display video on the primary monitor, I have a Monitor and Plasma setup and usually have the Plasma as the extension of the desktop, so I can just drag videos over and watch them. Right now I can only watch them if I make it the primary monitor, otherwise it's blank.

Also the bottom of the video player seems to 'stick' on other images when in fullscreen, it'll have a line of the desktop background image, or if I move my mouse to make the time-status bar appear and remove it, it'll have a stuck image of the remaining time in the bottom right.

Apparently things like this are fairly common with new GFX card installs, does anyone know how to go about fixing this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Problems like that are usually caused by graphics card driver bugs. If you don't have the latest WHQL certified drivers you should update. If it still doesn't work right you can try using different output devices in MPCHC. View -> Options -> Playback -> Output... try the different options in the DirectShow Video box. You have to exit MPCHC and restart it for any change to take effect.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Forgot to add. Windows XP SP3
    Latest MPC-HC, CCCP

Urm, I have the latest Drivers and the Catalyst Centre thing for my card. Which of the DirectShow would you suggest? I don't think I've ever used anything other than Overlay.

Edit : Well, one or two of them get rid of the bottom problem and let me watch on my second monitor, but doesn't seem to have as good a picture as with Overlay.. I don't see anything in my graphics card settings that could help either.
    Last edited by Xirix; 11th Jan 2011 at 13:05.
    Quote Quote