VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys. I'd like the opinions of those more knowledgable than I!

I've setup my Windows 7 64-bit Media Centre to record a local music program (Rage on ABC Australia) whenever it is on. I'd like to be able to rip the music videos I like into their own independent file.

I'd like to know what method you guys recommend. Freeware is great but I'm happy to purchase a program if it has a significant benefit. (I also have a Mac.)

So far I think the easiest way to do this is to:
    1. Use Windows 7's built in convert WTV to DVR-MS functionality?
    2. Use DVRMS Toolbox to convert to MPG?
    3. ???

Is there a program that will allow me to keep the original quality? (Avoid re-encoding?)

Thanx 4 looking.
    Quote Quote  
  2. mate i just setup up media center and get all 27 channels in melb Gen new channel 11 one HD etc... and i wondered the same thing so i tried MC-TVConverter and it takes the wtv file and you can select mpeg output 30seconds later you have a non copyrighted file also it uses ffmpeg to convert to other formats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanx 4 the heads up dylz. It works a treat!

Have you (or anybody) got any tips for cropping songs out of the MPG?

Thanx again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. npz mate what do you mean by cropping extracting songs if you mean take certain part of the audio out of the video yeah easy open avidemux index mpeg select with the move the slider to the start of the video (ifyou want to take whole song then leave this part alone) then press the A button at the bottom for the start and B for finish then when you selected what part to keep go audio and save rename the file and put a .mp3 at the end if it's an mp3 in the mpeg etc..
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nah I want the music videos not just the audio.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Ok I normally take the MPEG_PS out of the wtv file and open in mpg2cut2 this will cut the start and end of the show of and i'm sure you can cut the ad's out to use the [ symbol as the start of your movie and the ] as the end and save the clip.

Edit: Or use avidemux set mpeg_PS container like the original if (it's another format use that) set copy audio/video
    and cut with the A/B buttons then save file as musicvideo.mpeg
    Last edited by dylz; 12th Jan 2011 at 05:18.
    Quote Quote