VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    i have installed paragon gpt loader in my win xp pro 32bit and used it with seagate internal st33000651as drive sata2
    weblink:
    http://www.paragon-software.com/technologies/components/gpt-loader/winXP.html

.... according to paragon gpt loader pdf i should be able to see unalocated volumes in total 2.7TB before converting to gpt...

unfortunatelly i can see just 746GB in total even after converting to gpt. there is no problem to convert to gpt but problem is that windows even after installation of this software driver does not see full capacity of drive as it claims it should

i was wondering if anyone has similar issue and will be able to help as it looks software does not work and support does not exists

thanks all for information and help in this matter
    Quote Quote  
  2. use this software to initialize the disk. IT CANNOT BE THE BOOT DISK. IT CANNOT BE IN RAID.
    install drive
    download paragon software as in link
    run paragon software (to install drivers in windows AND to initialize drive)
    Reboot system (always best to do this after doing partition or other disk stuff)
    format drive using windows .
    Voila .. 2.7tB of extra storage

win/xp pro service pack 3 installed??
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i have done the same GPT installed...SP3 installed...unfortunatelly win xp sees just 746GB so even if you format it....it stays on 746GB...where exactly did you see these 2.7TB,,,,,i have never seen it
    please provide exactly step by step how did you manage to see 2.7TB with this driver GPT loader....as no matter what i will do...dont see 2.7TB
    Quote Quote  
  4. I am not wealthy enuff to have a 3tb drive .. I was just paraphrasing their (paragon's) leaflitter in case it wasn't clear.
    2.7tb is what you will be left with after formatting the drive under windows.
    make sure your XP is Fully up to date as some of the later service packs had a LOT to do with increased drive sizes.
    make sure your Mobo BIOS is Fully up to date as some of the later upgrades had a LOT to do with increased drive sizes.

Try connecting the drive in an external enclosure either Esata or USB?

maybe your MOBO simply cant use 3tb drive ... Sucks to be a Beta Tester ..
    Swap out for 2x1.5tb as this will be cheaper and faster and known to work and reliable.
    Last edited by RabidDog; 13th Jan 2011 at 13:46.
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote