VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I have a Sumvision Phoenix Premium 1080P Upscaling DVD Player,I have put an avi file on my memory stick its 1.5gb in size but my dvd player says invalid file when i try to play it so i burnt the same file to dvd and it plays fine. All other files play fine of memory stick. Thank you for any ideas.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Can you play other AVI files off that memory stick?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes they play fine.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Are the other files similar in size or are they less then 1 GB? Some devices don't like files over 1 GB, depending on the medium it's on. It's also possible the file is missing the index block at the end. You could try running it through DivFix to see if that helps. Check the audio and video codecs with MediaInfo to see if the problematic file is different than other similar files.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    See this sticky.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/290800-My-DivX-DVD-Player-can-t-play-my-avi-DivX-xvid-video

Any of the things in that list could be in the 1.5GB file and missing in the other files that play fine. Or it could be a size issue as jagabo mentioned.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Ok thanks,So i have put a different avi file on stick its 1.45gb in size now the dvd player sees this file but when i go to play it i just get a blank screen and the counter on dvd player starts counting up in about 4,s.So i have now split the file in 2 to see if its a size issue same thing blank screen and counter going up in 4,s.
    I have looked at the list and can not see any of them things and the files play fine of a dvd disc.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It must be a limitation on what the player will play via the USB slot. We've had a small number of reports of this type of problem, but I don't remember specific models. If the same files play fine on a DVD disc but not via USB, then it's a limitation on USB playback.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ok thanks mate was thinking the same thing,
    Thank your for your time.
    Quote Quote