I"ve seen dozens of tutorials on youtube, read some threads and have gotten answers from some very helpful forum members.

I have a few questions.

Are some of the tutorials about rendering in HD or even HQ widescreen talking about video shot on a digital or HD camera that puts out a bigger aspect ratio. Therefore when I use their settings for a template I don't get such great results.

The video I am rendering came from an S-VHS camera and was digitized using a canopus 110 into DV AVI files in sony vegas.

I was advised that I render a loss less AVI file and use another program to convert that to h264 for uploading to youtube

I would prefer not to add the other step and just render directly from Vegas to upload to youtube. I also tried the xvidps4p converter (or something like that) and there were so many settings. And I couldn't follow the tutorial on Youtube for using that.

I thought I read somewhere that vegas 10 can output directly to the 264.....is it X or H codec, but I don't see where.

Can you import it the codec......... or if you are willing to upload a fairly large video file there is no need to compress the file anyway and not use 264 at all.

Also is my video meant to be widescreen, will I lose quality if I am changing the aspect ratio. Would it be better to not have widescreen and have the black borders...I don't mind, but If I can get fullscreen with no loss of quality, I could go for that.

Most tutorials advise creating a template using various rates and frame sizes and aspect ratios, most render to WMV files, on version 10 that would be WMV11.

I have tried some of those settings with varying results. Not much better than some of my earlier Mpg4 rendered in SonyMain Concepts MPG4 which I know could look better.

I would greatly appropriate it if anyone can answer some of these questions and/or give me a link to a tutorial that would suit my needs or a thread that has the best settings in Sony Vegas for getting the best quality from the video source that I am using.

I know I didn't start with high quality video but I just want to maintain as much of the current quality as I can and also in a format that looks good on youtube as that is my main outlet for the video at this time.

Thanks much!