VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. After trying a few different video converters I've decided to stick with AVS Video Converter 7.1. However, I'm a bit bemused by the 'Aspect Correction' tab – I can understand why you would want to specify how the output video should look but why would you want to change the INPUT video? Surely the program can read the properties of the file you've just loaded...

Here's an extract from the program makers' own website which doesn't help me at all. If anyone can explain to me how and when to use the 'Input Video Aspect Correction' options I'd be very grateful.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Because not all video has correct aspect ratio flags. You would force change settings if "original" showed the wrong aspect ratio. It should also insert the selected flags into the converted video.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The input source video could have wrong display aspect ratio. Or AVS might have problem reading the correct aspect ratio.
    Quote Quote  
  4. For example, a HuffYUV AVI file has no aspect ratio information. Just because it may have a frame size of 720x480 doesn't mean it's display aspect ratio is 3:2.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks folks, I understand it now.
    Quote Quote