VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Panasonic TX-42U20B TV. The manual states that the video format is SD -Video Standard ver 1.2 MPEG2 (PS format) and AVCHD std compatible files layer 2 format. or dolby format.

I cant get MPG files to play so i tried ACCHD, these came out huge. I really wanted MPG format is there a way i can get these to play.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hawkeye48 View Post
    I have a Panasonic TX-42U20B TV. The manual states that the video format is SD -Video Standard ver 1.2 MPEG2 (PS format) and AVCHD std compatible files layer 2 format. or dolby format.
    Those are broadcast/camcorder spec. Is that all the formats they list?

Alternative is a media player like WDTV.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes that all they list, i have tried quite a few variation but none seem to work
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Get to play from what ?

The more info in a question the more chance there is to assist.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by hawkeye48 View Post
    I have a Panasonic TX-42U20B TV. The manual states that the video format is SD -Video Standard ver 1.2 MPEG2 (PS format) and AVCHD std compatible files layer 2 format. or dolby format.

I cant get MPG files to play so i tried ACCHD, these came out huge. I really wanted MPG format is there a way i can get these to play.

I would settle for a setting and video format, as MPG looks like a lost cause now.

Ok a specific question..........whar the BEST converter, i have ImToo which i like but cannot seem to ge the correct setting though i'm sure this is what i used before. I am off now to look for AVCHD
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I am off now to look for AVCHD
    While you are gone....look for more details/answers to the questions people have been asking you.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I can only see one question from edDV and i think i answered that.
    If you think there is more please ask
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Panasonic doesn't know a model TX-42U20B, but they do have a model TX-P42V20B -- which is also DivX Certified by the way...
    Quote Quote  
  9. My model definatley is TX-42U20B, did a google search results below
    http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&xhr=t&q=panasonic+TX-42U20B&cp=19&pf=p&sclient=psy&aq=f...3387615f302e90

Strange thing is though the leads are non existant, think i will contact Panasonic direct
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I have found your tv TX-P42U20B(and have a copy of the manual before me) now see if you can actually read your own topic and answer ALL the questions that have been asked.

PS The tv does not come with connection leads (they rarely do) so you can save yourself contacting Panasonic.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My model definatley is TX-42U20B, did a google search results below
    http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&xhr=t&q=panasonic+TX-42U20B&cp=19&pf=p&sclient=psy&aq=f...3387615f302e90

Strange thing is though the leads are non existant, think i will contact Panasonic direct
    Yes, you did a Google search, but none of the results turned up TX-42U20B.
    Theres TX-L42xxx (LCD), and TX-P42xxx (plasma). What have you got?
    And what are you actually trying to do? Watch video from a video camera on your TV? Watch movies from memory stick?
    Quote Quote