VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys!

I recently created a DVD with subtitles using Baldrick's and manolo's method. But i have a little problem
    I can't see the subtitles with Windows Media Player (on computer) and with the DVD Player (on TV). But there really are subtitles because I can see them with PowerDVD, but in black (print)

Can anybody helps me?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if you follow the directions in the link baldrick showed you and you get to this part....

Click image for larger version

Name:	dfghgfh.png
Views:	231
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	5006

just read whats on the pic I attached and that should work

b=black
    e1=black
    e2=black
    p=white
    Last edited by Moontrash; 8th Jan 2011 at 19:41.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    DVDSubEdit says that the subtitles are in the certain colours!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    UP!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Up 2!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    GoNGa - did you find a fix? I also ran into this problem. If I watched video files as separate VOBs, they looked fine, but if I played them as a DVD (with menu etc., or burned to disc and played on a DVD player) the subs would be all black!!! Figured out the color pallet was locked in as an all black one. Go in like MoonTrash showed you. When you get the pallet open, hold down SHIFT key and left-click the black square. A color pallet will pop up and you can change the color. (The upper-right swatch changed the type face color on my DVDs, though...the bottom left was the outline.) When you said it showed "certain colors"...I'm assuming you meant it showed all black? If so, do the SHIFT key & left mouse click trick and that should help you out. Good luck!!! PS. WMP sometimes shows subs for me...sometimes not. It is frustrating!
    Quote Quote