VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So the latest dev builds of ffdshow have added support for many new codecs, and fixed bugs - but the devs removed several video capture codecs... which is a bit of a problem. While it appears the Xvid codec they used for capture was old and buggy, ffdshow's frontend allowed me to set the capture parameters very easily, and everything worked perfectly.

But of course, now that it's gone, I need help.

Is there a way to install the latest version of ffdshow, and have the older version installed solely for video capturing? I'm currently testing out the latest Xvid codec (Xvid_130_RC1_02012011.exe) and while it works, it really doesn't allow for multiple capture / export profiles. Note that I'm not having any hardware problems, my issue is with the software. (If this is the wrong forum then please move it, I wasn't sure whether to stick it here or the software forum!)

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If you have an x64 OS, I have previously had the x64 and x86 versions of ffdshow installed simultaneously (by mistake). Though that doesn't help if your cap and playback software are both 32 or both 64.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using Windows XP Pro 32bit, so I can't do that.

It's not a bad idea though!
    Quote Quote