VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm looking for the software that does the best job of just displaying the input from the card, straight to the monitor in full screen.
    If possible, display it exactly as it comes in, but at least with the highest possible frame rate and resolution, with minimal lag.

So far, VLC has not been working with the capture card

CaptureFlux is working with its full-screen preview, although there's a couple of problems, and the frame rate it only manages 25fps, where I'm pretty sure the capture card is getting 30fps

It doesn't seem like much of a task for software to do, but relying on capture card software "preview" may not be the most optimal solution.

I basically just want to use the card to allow me to use RCA-out devices on my LCD monitor

Can anyone recommend any software?

Adam.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Would this "card" be an Ace of Spades, perhaps?

Maybe it's a Hallmark card?

A business card?

Oh, it's a CAPTURE CARD. Well, then, THAT provides just ALL the information anyone would need to know. With all that detailed information, it seems obvious that the software you should use would be CAPTURE CARD SOFTWARE.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Composite input to a generic capture card needs hardware conversion (Y/C separation, NTSC/PAL decode to Y,Pb,Pr) then A/D to Y, Cb, Cr components for file capture. Preview is an on the fly is a YUY2 to RGB conversion. The driver software will usually show this in a 640x480 preview window. You can choose "full Screen" for the display card to upscale to monitor resolution.

If yours is only making 25 fps, it is either set for PAL or doing some kind of software upscale. Use something else.
    Last edited by edDV; 8th Jan 2011 at 16:37.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote