VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Sometimes when I transfer old tapes every few seconds the Canopus ADVC-55 red light goes off for a brief moment and then comes back on, producing a stutter in the resulting video. I'm using a JVC SR-V101US and it's S-Video output. I've seen this across all 8 of my VCR's (all the same model) when transferring old tapes in bad condition. To get these tapes transferred I goto plan B, and use a startech USP cable using composite video.
    What's the best way to keep a continuous sync signal between the JVC and the Canopus and eliminate this problem?

Thank you!
    Brian
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The best way is to get a stand alone TBC to put in your capture chain between your VCR and the canopus box. A much cheaper alternative is to get a used Panasonic ES10 or ES15 DVD recorder on ebay, put it in between the VCR and the Canopus box (ie, just pass the video through the Panny). I'm pretty sure that it will provide continous sync, but you might want to let a few other comment on this before you run out and buy one. You might check out this thread - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/319420-Who-uses-a-DVD-recorder-as-a-line-TBC-and-what-do-you-use It's focused more on the line TBC characteristics of ES10 and ES15 dvd recorders, but I think somewhere in there there may be a discussion of continuous sync also.
    Quote Quote