VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

Well this is my first post although I have been reading a lot in those forums and I have learnt many useful tips in the (great) tutorials of Videohelp.

The thing is that I have around 30-35 Blu Ray movies and I would like to back up them in order to keep them available in my second house.
    For a few of those BDs (4 or 5) I decided to make a 1:1 copy (a really simple process even for a newbie like me: I used AnyDVD HD to create an image and then I burnt it into a BD50 using Nero 8).

But I just cannot afford to buy blank BD50 for all the Blu Ray movies that I own, so I was wondering if there is a similar program like CloneDVD that can operate with Blu Ray discs.
    Specifically I love the ability of CloneDVD to let you handle the DVD content: you can delete bonus features in order to fit a DVD 9 into a DVD5, or even back up only the main movie with the languages/subtitles that you decide to keep.

So the question is: is there a program that can perform like CloneDVD when it comes to back up BDs?
    I have read a few post of people recommending BD Rebuilder, but I am not sure if this program allow you to modify the structure of the BD by letting you, e.g. , delete bonus features or backing up only the main movie with no audio/video compression…

Any advice will be truly welcome.

Thanks and regards.

PD: sorry for my poor English .
    Toy-like people make me boy-like
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use RipBot, though the downside is it takes five or six hours for me to convert to a 8GB HD MKV in two pass mode burned to a Dual layer DVD for archiving. But the quality is very good, even on my large projection screen. I only do the main movie as I have the BDs for the extras if I want to watch them. There are other programs that can do similar and if you can tolerate somewhat lower quality, you can do a single pass encode and that's a lot quicker.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    BDrebuilder is the best program for backing up BD's. It allows full disk or movie only back up. It does not have the ability to selectively delete extras. Clown BD_BD Copier does allow you to delete extras and make a 1:1 back up of the menu and movie only.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks both guys for your advice... so sum up:

- For 1:1 backup, I can keep using AnyDVD HD + Nero 8.
    - If I want to back up only the movie+audio (with no compression) I could use RipBot or BDrebuilder.
    - But if I would like to selectively delete extras I should go for Clown_BD BD Copier.

I guess (pls correct me if I am wrong) that any of the above programs (except AnyDVD HD) will let you also shrink a BD50 to fit into a BD25, so I believe I will have a try to Clown_BD BD Copier and I will let you know...

Again, thaks a lot for all your help!!

Cheers.
    Toy-like people make me boy-like
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    BDrebuilder also allows full disk back up to BD25,DVD9,and DVD5.
    Quote Quote