VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all.

I'm using XenonMKV to convert a few H264 MKV files to mp4, but the Xbox 360 doesn't play the resulting mp4, nor does WMP11.

I have Haali and FFDshow installed, and they show up in the tray whenever I open a mp4 file in WMP.
    Also, I have used the 'add mp4 to WMP' function within XenonMKV.

The original MKV files play fine in VLC player, and the media info gives me this:
    Video :- H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)
    Audio :- A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52)

When I try to play the mp4 in WMP, it just sits there on 0:00:00 (but the play button is pressed).
    When I try to play the mp4 on the Xbox, it does the same, says its playing but just sits at 0 seconds.

However, when opening the mp4 in VLC, I get the audio but no video.

Renaming the mp4 extension to avi just produces the same results, the files won't play.

I'm using Vista Home Premium, and streaming the files via WMP. I can't use Media Center as the Xbox won't connect to the PC (that's another long story, can't create MCX user within Vista).

Does anyone know what could be happening here? I believe almost everyone has had success in playing XenonMKV output files in their WMP and Xbox.

Thanks very much.

Update: just checked the input MKV file in mediainfo, it says that the video has 5 reference frames. Now, I know that the Xbox can only handle 3, but I thought the point of XenonMKV was that it's meant for Xbox, and that if the Xbox couldn't play the file, Xenon would reject the input file??
    Last edited by scarz3; 4th Jan 2011 at 12:09.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    One thread is ENOUGH. Just reply to add new information.

edit: Ooops. I mean one post is enough. I deleted your other.
    Quote Quote