VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Sorry for this newbie question:

But what are recommended tools for

1.) converting an *.avi file (on my hard disc) into a DVD image?
    I prefer to have as result of this conversion an DVD *.iso image rather than burning it instantly on a DVD

2.) (temporarily) ripping 1:1 (=non converted) a (non-protected) video DVD into an *.iso image on my hard disc?
    ...for later burning onto a second DVD?

Thank you
    Peter
    Quote Quote  
  2. You're implying that you need an ISO before burning to disc. Which you don't.

Is there any particular reason you require an ISO? To answer your second question, DVD Decrypter can put it on the hard drive as an ISO. Mode->ISO->Read. Someone else will have to answer the first one.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD can convert an AVI to DVD Video format and output an ISO ready for burning (or burn for you using imgburn). FRankly, I can't remember the last time I created an ISO file for DVD burning - probably the last time is used DVD Decrypter for burning - so several years at least.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ok, thank you.

What is the second best recommendation for each category (after DVD Decrypter and AVStoDVD) ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Don't use DVD Decrypter unless you need a very specific function that only it supports. Imgburn does everything you need, and is better that DVD decrypter in those areas.

For conversion, I would rank the tools

1. AVStoDVD
    2. ConvertxtoDVD
    3. DVD Flick

For burning I would go

1. Imgburn
    2. Prassi ONES

Can't think of any other tool I would consider putting on my system.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote