VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I purchase 320kbps mp3 audio downloads which I burn to CD and playback via my blu-ray player and Hifi. If there is less than 80 mins of music I burn to CD and this plays automatically when the draw closes on our LG blu-ray just like a bought CD. When I have more than 80 mins audio I then burn an mp3 disc, but my blu-ray won't play these directly, Instead we have to fire up the TV and use the blu-rays menu to access the audio files. My wife has a mental block on this one and if I'm not around she won't play her music.

I've tried converting the mp3 files to WAV files and then burning them on a blank DVD but my blu-ray still doesn't play these discs directly like it would a DVD movie or a WAV CD. The crazy thing is my previous Panasonic DVD recorder would recognise an mp3 CD and play it as soon as the draw was closed.

Is there anyway to burn a DVD in such a way the blu-ray will reads it as a movie disc only there's no movie just the audio?

Thanks in advance for any advice - cheers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    just record a black video track at minimal bitrate + AC3 or PCM audio.

It must be in DVD video spec.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks, It sounds simple enough but how do I do this? I usually use ashampoo for burning my DVD's. Do I need some WAV/Mp3 to PCM software as well?

I'm not sure I want AC3 as I always play music in the way it's intended - stereo with all home theatre processing switched off.

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The simplest way is just to make a data disc of MP3s.

If that won't work, you can make a DVD video disc.

You need to convert the audio to DVD compatible audio, AC3 or Wave sampled at 48000Hz
    If AC3, obviously use a high bitrate, over 320 in your case, to preserve maximum quality.
    Plenty of tools to do this, eg ffmpegGUI, BeSweet, etc. (See https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/audio-encoders )
    To author the DVD I use GfD, which has an "Audio Titleset" feature.
    This uses your audio (in AC3 or WAVE) and combines it with a single-frame video (you choose one image &/or text).

Two caveats:
    Settings/AudioTS choose "Default type" as "Chapters", not "Titles" (for greater compatibility if you have a lot of tracks).
    Settings/Permanent/ choose "Authoring Engine": Muxman (if you want to use WAVE).

Then you get a normal DVD video, by default with the Album/Artist/Title info displayed for each track (from the filename, or manually entered).

Works very well -- I put all 14 Beatles albums at 640 kbps AC3 on one DVD.
    Last edited by AlanHK; 4th Jan 2011 at 05:10.
    Quote Quote  
  5. That sounds like a lot of trouble to go through just to play music. Just get her an iPod, most people can operate an iPod, or burn all the music to Audio CDs, blanks are cheap.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Try to get Audio Dvd Creator from goland.com. It creates dvd from normal audio cd, ac3 and mp3 without any setting trouble and this dvd plays on any dvd video player.
    Quote Quote