VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, so I use AVCHD discs for HD playback on my Panasonic Blu-ray player. But I have a 12 GB MKV file I want to put on 3 DVDs. I tried splitting the MKV into 3 files using MKVtoolnix and then using multiAVCHD to convert it to AVCHD. Unfortunately, after I split the file and try to convert it, AVCHD immediately gives me an error saying "tsMuxer has stopped working." Now it doesn't give me an error when trying to convert the original 12 GB MKV file, so obviously the splitting is causing problems. So is there a way to burn AVCHD to multiple discs? Or is there another way I can solve this problem? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just tried mkv2vob and AVCHDCoder and had the exact same problem with those. I'll keep trying to other ones, but I'm not optimistic. Anything else I can do?

Edit: just tried BDtoAVCHD and it wants to reencode the files for some reason, so that one's a no-go as well.
    Last edited by hiimbored; 2nd Jan 2011 at 16:34. Reason: Updated
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just found this quick workaround that fixed the problem http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3-media-streaming/1303003-problems-mkv2vob-workaround-fix.html. I guess it's just a problem with the newest versions of MKVtoolnix.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, the mkv compressed headers cause a lot problems.
    Quote Quote