Hello !

I see that I'm not the only one asking that question, but who knows, I might get lucky...

My idea is to mix an audio soundtrack with a video taken from another version of that movie.

My problem :
- 1 crappy movie @ 25fps, 1h 26min 33sec (AVI)
- 1 HD movie @ 25fps, 1h 26min 34sec

So first of all, I use avidemux to extract the MP3 audio stream from the bad quality movie. I end up with a VBR MP3 of 1h 25min 17sec. First question : why isn't it the same length as the bad quality movie ? I suspect that the VBR is the cause...

I convert the MP3 to AC3, with a fixed bitrate using MeGUI.

Now I try to merge everything back together and I can't find the correct "time stretching" ratio. I must have done it like 30-40 times. No freaking luck ! I always end up with a stretch time problem (eg : 2000ms delay at the beginning of the movie, 5000ms at the end...)

Is there any strategy here to find the correct "stretch by" ratio ? because I'm not a lucky man so finding the right one will be impossible for me...
I've read many issue about the same problem but I can't find it, I must do something wrong...

I've tried putting (the total lenght of the good quality movie in seconds) / (the total lenght of the crappy audio soundtrack in seconds) and vice versa but, as I said before : no luck here

I've had a similar problem a few weeks ago with a 25fps movie and a 23.976fps movie, I've put 23.976/25, and it worked well !

Thanks, any reply is more than appreciated !