VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I'm a novice when it comes to video editing. I know what I want to do and I'm fairly certain I have the software to do it, but I'm just looking for some advice on how to go about it. Ok, so I have a video clip that I downloaded (roughly 2hrs in length). It's an MP4 with H.264 codec and it's dimension are 576x432. I'd like to burn the clip onto a DVD without losing much if any video quality. I have Adobe Premiere CS3 and Adobe Encore CS3. I was goin to try exporting from Premiere to Encore using one of Premiere's presets, but it said it was going to take nearly 24 hrs to render!!!

What's the best way to go about this, in a shorter amount of time, without losing much quality? What's the best codec to use? I also have VisualHub and MPEG Streamclip. Hopefully you understand my frustrated rambling. Basically I just want to take the clip I downloaded, resize it to 720x480 for DVD and reformat it to mpeg-2 or .mov. (something that Encore will accept).

Please somebody help! Thanks so much!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by therock09wbt View Post
    Ok, so I have a video clip that I downloaded (roughly 2hrs in length).
    If it's 2 hours in length, then it's a movie, not a clip.

Do you want to edit it? Is that why you want to import it into Premiere? If you want it on DVD, the best codec to use would be MPEG-2. Consider tools like AVStoDVD or ConvertXtoDVD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry, I'm not familiar with the terminology. Yes, I'd like to edit out some commercials and add in some fade in/out effects in Premiere. I have it all edited...just not sure about exporting. Thanks, any help is much appreciated! Also, I'm on a MAC..forgot to mention that.
    Quote Quote