VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a very large avi that i need to compress so i can upload it to youtube in a reasonable amount of time. It was rendered at 1600x900 but I just need to keep it good quality at 720p so my viewers can actually see what im doing without squinting. The software im using is Sony Vegas Pro 10.

Here is info on the file:
    Video
    ID : 0
    Format : YUV
    Codec ID : UYVY
    Codec ID/Info : Uncompressed 16bpp. YUV 4:2:2 (Y sample at every pixel, U and V sampled at every second pixel horizontally on each line). A macropixel contains 2 pixels in 1 u_int32.
    Duration : 25mn 22s
    Bit rate : 691 Mbps
    Width : 1 600 pixels
    Height : 900 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 29.970 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:2
    Compression mode : Lossless
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 16.000
    Stream size : 122 GiB (100%)

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : PCM
    Format settings, Endianness : Little
    Format settings, Sign : Signed
    Codec ID : 1
    Codec ID/Hint : Microsoft
    Duration : 25mn 22s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 1 536 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 279 MiB (0%)
    Interleave, duration : 250 ms (7.49 video frames)
    Interleave, preload duration : 250 ms
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    And?....is there a question you'd like to ask?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by r04dw4rri0r View Post
    ...but I just need to keep it good quality at 720p so my viewers can actually see what im doing without squinting.
    That. Glad to see people can read 3 sentence posts.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I searched for "squint-free" on YouTube and came up with nothing. YouTube does suggest these codecs and containers for uploading:
    http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=55744

The most common codec used is most likely H264 with AAC audio. I use a variety of programs to get me to H264/AAC....VirtualDub, AviDemux...and sometimes MainConcept. I rarely upload anything larger than 640x480 though....it's only YouTube.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by r04dw4rri0r View Post
    It was rendered at 1600x900 but I just need to keep it good quality at 720p so my viewers can actually see what im doing without squinting.
    Why wasn't it rendered at 1280x720 in the first place? And in some format acceptable to YouTube? Would have saved you some time.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by r04dw4rri0r View Post
    Glad to see people can read 3 sentence posts.
    And it would do you good to read a few sentences of YouTube's own video submission specifications. It is not a huge mystery.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    first you'll have to cut it up. youtube had a 10 minute limit but i thinks it's now 15. they prefer mp4 video with mp3 or aac audio. there is a decent vegas preset for the tube. choose sony avc as the renderer and select the internet 720p template. customize it with a higher bitrate. 5mbps will get the HD link, i usually go up to about 8mbps for better source quality. up to you, the higher the bitrate the bigger the file to upload, with some slight increase in tube quality after they re-encode it.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote