VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Recently I found out that my HI8 cassettes were not playing anymore. There is snow when I press the play button. How do I fix this issue. I cant even find a HI8 head clening cassette and I read somewhere on the internet tha tit is not recommended by sony.
    I have some valuable footage on those tapes, which I want to eventually transfer to dvd. Is there anything that can be done
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by shashgo View Post
    Recently I found out that my HI8 cassettes were not playing anymore. There is snow when I press the play button. How do I fix this issue. I cant even find a HI8 head clening cassette and I read somewhere on the internet tha tit is not recommended by sony.
    I have some valuable footage on those tapes, which I want to eventually transfer to dvd. Is there anything that can be done
    The tapes are most likely OK. The symptoms are consistent with dirty heads or another camcorder failure.

1. Get a head cleaning tape

2. If that doesn't work get the camcorder serviced.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I havent been able to find any Hi8 head cleaning cassettes. Also sony says that the head cleaner should of the dry type not the wet type. Can you send some links of where I can find the cleaning cassettes. I already tried best buy, walmart, target, radio shack.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Dude?

Digital8/MiniDV replaced Hi8 starting in 1998.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hi8CL1.png
Views:	247
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	4917
    Last edited by edDV; 30th Dec 2010 at 22:31.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I know its old technology but I need to somehow get the footage off those tapes
    Quote Quote