VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just bought a BDP2700 and it plays MKV, MP4, DIVX and AVI.

Encording my files with Xvid4PSP 5, the only file I found it can't play is a m2ts file.

Also works with my USB portable Hard Drive that is formated NTFS. (so no 4Gig limit like FAT32)

It can also output bitstream audio through the HDMI cable so my surround sound system can pick up the Dolby Digital (AC3)

Menu is fast no delays and USB drive access is pretty fast.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    WOW Thank you man i was looking for this Answer... now i need to make sure does it playes MKV files which are more than 8 GB ?
    I got a Samsung BR player which helps me to test every files after i download, that is i start playing the file then i press the last min button it immideatly shows me the end of the movie file. so if there is any problem with the file it stops in the middel.

Does this player have something like that or its like even there is a encoding problem in the middel of the file it will go through?

ANyway once again thanks
    Thomas
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Tompjack

The player has a [Time search] function, so you could navigate to the last minute in the movie using that option.

It also has fast forward and reverse function from 2X upto 32X speeds.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you,
    Well i am a bit disappointed cause it is not coming with a optical out or TOSLink.

The output from TOSLink is noticeably better than coaxial.
    Thomas
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The Surround Sound (AC3) is sent through the HDMI as bitstream to my Sony TV, then I have an Optical out on my TV I sent to my Surround System.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    did you mean the BDP7200? I can't find a 2700 anywhere
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe not selling that model in the USA, I live in New Zealand
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi.

Great player the BDP2700.

Just one question regarding the playing of .mkv files. It will play the video but it won't play the audio of the movie from USB. Is there something that i'm missing? Or, do I need to convert the audio somehow, and with what programme?

Maybe it's because of AC3? Is it possible to convert the audio without losing the video quality of the video?

Cheers!
    Last edited by flombs; 27th Jan 2011 at 20:53.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Only had that problem once and the AC3 file had a bit rate of 640K so converted to 384K using XviD4PSP 5, it has a copy option so you don't have to convert the video just the audio.
    You should be able to find a link to it on this site in the Tools section
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks for the reply Big Bob. I'll give your suggestion a try.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am having problems with MKV / h264 playback on BDP2700/12, I am using HandBrake on OSX + encoding to MKV container on very simple profile. I have tried several options, but really can't get the player to play h264 encoded videos, mpeg4 runs fine.

What combination of codecs/settings are you guys using?

Any ideas? My original firmware was 1.38, after these problems I updated to 1.54 but still can't play. Any help appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tompjack View Post
    Thank you,
    Well i am a bit disappointed cause it is not coming with a optical out or TOSLink.

The output from TOSLink is noticeably better than coaxial.
    Thomas
    They use exactly the same signal, so not sure why they would be different unless you have a cable problem with the coaxial.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Awcy View Post
    I am having problems with MKV / h264 playback on BDP2700/12, I am using HandBrake on OSX + encoding to MKV container on very simple profile. I have tried several options, but really can't get the player to play h264 encoded videos, mpeg4 runs fine.

What combination of codecs/settings are you guys using?

Any ideas? My original firmware was 1.38, after these problems I updated to 1.54 but still can't play. Any help appreciated.
    This is the same sort of problems run into with the Seiki BD 660 (Philips BDP3000 clone). Several default settings in Handbrake cannot be used including header compression. Turn that off if you want to make the h264 videos play.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, I'll give it a test drive and will let you know how it goes...
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To be honest, I removed the header compression on all streams + tested out. No luck. Both with matroska tools and mkvtoolnix. No freaking idea, could it be the chapters?

Can someone upload somewhere a test mkv playable on BDP2700 so I can verify it is not me... Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you upload a sample mkv that doesn't play for testing?

Here is the Seki thread at RFD:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/seiki-bd-live-blu-ray-player-bd660-info-support-thread-986755/

Might have something in there that is also useful...
    Last edited by oldfart13; 18th Feb 2011 at 00:11.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I just bought the same model as well. But I can't play MKV file at all. When I insert the USB to the machine, it doesn't display the file with .mkv extension and I cannot select and play it. Please help.

Another thing, when I play certain DVD, my Sony screen shows a very long screen which get top and bottom cut-off. May I know how to fix this problem? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post

Encording my files with Xvid4PSP 5, the only file I found it can't play is a m2ts file.

Also works with my USB portable Hard Drive that is formated NTFS. (so no 4Gig limit like FAT32)

It can also output bitstream audio through the HDMI cable so my surround sound system can pick up the Dolby Digital (AC3)

- Maybe accept MP4 2 Channel, but can not read AAC 6 Chanel,
    - If you have multi partition in your USB HD, Philips Can read,
    - MKV with AAC, can read only video.
    - Some mkv could not be read,
    - Can not read Arabic text subtitle (Can read Arabic Vobsub only)
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post

In this Philips there a place for the movie picture (Right side) with some information below. Do you know how can we see the picture when we mark over the file, or in other way, can we attach a viewable picture to see it when we mark of the movie name...
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    I have the same player and the same problem. I never know if the movie i have is gonna play!
    Quote Quote