VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi guys,

i'm having a lot of trouble burning some hard subs for a avi to mov conversion so i can make a dvd for a friend in Italy. I load the .srt files in the filter page. Then i click preview at the bottom and get this message after previewing the video with no subtitles:

FIXME:Hardenabling SSE and SSE2 without detection
    /Users/Matt/.spumux/Arial.ttf doesn't look like a font description, ignoring.
    Cannot load font: /Users/Matt/.spumux/Arial.ttf
    Cannot load subtitles: /Users/Matt/Downloads/The Cove.by yul71[QUESTI E TANTI ALTRI SUBS PROVENGONO DA WWW.ITALIANSHARE.NET_sezione ISubsMovies
    Cannot load subtitles: se ne cercate altri
    Cannot load subtitles: venite a trovarci].srt

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: uninit_vo
    - MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
    Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
    disassembly. Details in DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
    - MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
    It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
    gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
    DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and
    won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.

What am I missing here? Is there another thing I should be doing? I'm using ffmpegX 0.0.9 and mac OS 10.5.8. i'd like to try to just drop the file in idvd and my subtitles do not need to be selectable.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Videohelp.com has an ffmpegX forum. Perhaps a moderator can move this thread?

mplayer probably crashed because you stopped it by using the window's close box (red button). This version of mplayer is not designed to handle that gracefully. The player will quit nicely if you use keys: <q> or <Esc>.

Try renaming your subtitle file to something short, easy and without special characters or spaces, like "mysubs.srt".

There have been numerous releases of ffmpegX 0.0.9, each followed by a letter. Version 0.0.9y was the latest. Is that what you are using?
    Last edited by Case; 28th Dec 2010 at 16:31.
    Quote Quote  
  3. OK thank you for your help with the error message and sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

I can now see the subtitles when I hit preview but they are not hard burned into the .mov file when it finishes encoding? any help with this issue so I could throw the encoded .mov file into idvd and burn it?

thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ffmpegX has three encoding engines: ffmpeg, mencoder and mpeg2enc.
    Encoding to .mov requires the ffmpeg engine.
    Burning hard subtitles requires the mencoder engine (or more precisely the mplayer decoder).
    That's why you did not get hard subtitles.

Try a short clip (for speedy conversion) to XviD mencoder (AVI) or h.264 mencoder (MP4), to see if iMovie will import those.
    Quote Quote