VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. first of all I want to apologize if these issues have been addressed before. I spent the last 3 days googling for solutions, and nothing works.

I'm not sure what caused it in the first place, but recently every video I made with vdub would lose sound once I uploaded it to YouTube. it used to work perfectly fine before. snippets made from the same video are up on YouTube. so, I took the same MP4 file, cut a fragment out, using same specs, and suddenly it wouldn't upload properly.

I tried downloading some FLV-files from YouTube directly, then run them through vdub and put back on YouTube - same thing, no sound this time.

now, I can't figure out why it's happening. I tried running a newer version of vdub (1.9.10 currently). nothing changed. I did install a new set of codecs prior to all this (k-lite mega pack, can't remember which version, though).

I have lame AC3 installed so I figured I'd try converting the audio via the "Save to WAV" function. but every time I do it, vdub gives me an error message stating either:
    Code:
    Error initializing audio stream compression:
    The audio codec cannot compress the source audio to the desired format

Check that the sampling rate and number of channels in the source is compatible with the selected compressed audio format.
    or, when I check the "Direct stream copy" option:
    Code:
    Cannot convert audio: the source channel count is not supported (must be mono or stereo)
    I installed the AC3 ACM Decompresser (which I have no idea of how it's supposed to work), since most videos have 3-channel audio. still nothing.

so, to summarize:

1) YouTube won't produce sound on my videos, made with vdub with the audio directly "stream-copied" (which were fine last month)
    2) vdub won't save most files to WAV or AVI, rendering me helpless

I'm not the tech-savvy type, as you can tell, I have no idea what's causing this and how to fix it. I'd appreciate any help you can give. thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by sorophx View Post
    I did install a new set of codecs prior to all this (k-lite mega pack, can't remember which version, though).
    Oh my.

You've just answered your own question.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Set your AC3 ACM decoder to downmix to stereo.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Oh my.

You've just answered your own question.
    ugh how do I roll back?
    Set your AC3 ACM decoder to downmix to stereo.
    ooh, sounds useful, where's that?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by sorophx View Post
    Set your AC3 ACM decoder to downmix to stereo.
    ooh, sounds useful, where's that?
    It depends on what AC3 decoder you installed. Start by looking through your Start menu. See if VirtualDub's audio codec list shows an AC3 encoder. See if there are decoder options there. Some decoders put an icon in the System Tray when they're running.
    Quote Quote