VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Macedonia, the Former Yugoslav Republicof
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I need to author a DVD containing a video that is 19 minutes long. I need to construct a menu for the DVD, which needs to consist of four buttons, one of witch will play the whole movie, another to play half of the movie. One of those two buttons will play the movie from the first minute to the tenth. Will the other from the 10 to 18 minute. And a fourth button that is going to contain useful links. Like i mention the menu I am looking to create is simple one four buttons and a still image that comprises the background of the menu.

Now I extracted and edited the video from the original DVD witch has complicated menu. The process of extracting it seems to difficulty for me at the moment. Thus i want to create a simple one. I tried to use windows movie maker but it didn't really fit my need it complicate the matter, adding background videos. I also used DVD shrink to extract the menu, but I was unsuccessful.

So any advice on how to create the simple menu?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well, what u could do is use dvd shrink to "cut" up the parts you wanna use and just use AVStoDvd or FAVC to add a simple menu...i.e...

whole movie
    half the movie (use dvd shrink or TMPG authoring Works to cut/edit the movie to the half u want)
    the 2 other parts just cut/edit to the minutes you want

i would just make a basic menu with either of the 2 above mentioned apps...it makes them automatically(if u have "with menu" on) so just drop the files in and turn on the menu and it'll do it for you

or u can just use tmpg authoring works and make whatever u want...its takes a bit to learn but after you do, it's pretty easy to get goin and do
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First of all DVD Shrink does not extract menus, so that one is out. You can use it to cat parts out of the DVD you want.
    To create a menu you want, you can use Window movie maker, but you will have to make two titles, one with full movie other with last part (10-18 minutes) so you can like the buttons to it. If you want to link buttons to one title the way you want, you will have to use command for buttons to do it.
    If you want to have a link on the DVD you have to make it onto a slide and link a button to it.
    To make just a menu without Window maker, there are a few free programs to do it, but you will still need a software to compile a DVD compliant file, which Window maker will do for you.
    Quote Quote