VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I know this player has network connection and can receive internet TV but is it possible to play files located on network?
    It is supposed to play MKV files but when I tried to play one downloaded from the internet it starts to play it and then hangs up after several seconds, not sure why, the file plays fine on computer, any suggestions?
    Is it possible to make this player region free?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MKV is just a container and can be just about anything. I'm sure it must be converted to the specifics of your bluray player to play properly.

If this is a networkable player which it seems to be why not stream the file to it? Wired streaming through a wired router is best for video. Wireless can be choppy unless you have a wireless n router and a wireless n receiver connected to the player.

Playon, tversity, and ps3mediaserver are just a small list of streaming media applications. These can transcode your video files to a format that your networkable player can recognize.

I'm assuming this player is dlna compatible. If it is than it should have no problem responding to these media streaming programs.

Otherwise if streaming is not an option you will have to get the specifications of the exact file types your player can play. That includes codecs not just the file types (like divx and xvid). Then you have to convert the file and then play it on the player.

Programs such as super, format factory, xvid4psp and many others can do this assuming your player can play the more common formats like wmv or divx.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    what exactly does dnla do?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't have the full specs on it. Dlna is basically a protocol for networking media stuff to work with each other.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dlna

you can try using multiavchd to remake the mkv file. the multiavchd mkv files work fine on my bd570.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote