VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have downloaded and installed My MP4Box program which I can't open it up. I see the icon on the taskbar and even when I click on this still can't open up. Tried that many times with no results. I uninstalled and reinstalled My MP4Box a couple times and still no changes for better. I had even installed some older version of My MP4Box and had still the same problem. Sounds like it is incompatible with my OS (Windows 7) or something. Anyway, what's wrong with that bitch

EDIT: I did a scanning of Windows Registry by RegCure and still no changes.
    Last edited by mahogany; 19th Dec 2010 at 12:08.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MP4Box is a command line tool. To open up a command prompt:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/947-command-prompt.html
    Then navigate to the directory/folder where you have your audio/video files to mux, and do something like:
    MP4Box.exe -add video.264 -add audio.aac movie.mp4

If you'd prefer to use a point and click program, you could try My MP4Box GUI.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by intracube View Post
    If you'd prefer to use a point and click program, you could try My MP4Box GUI.
    Yes, that's what I'm using My MP4Box GUI.
    BTW: About CLI I've got no clue at all.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mahogany View Post
    Yes, that's what I'm using My MP4Box GUI.
    BTW: About CLI I've got no clue at all.
    Where did you download My MP4Box GUI from?

On the official site, it mentions .NET 3.5 is required:
    http://my-mp4box-gui.zymichost.com/download.html
    but Windows 7 should have that as standard.

I'm wondering if it's a compatibility issue between Windows 7 (64bit) and My MP4Box GUI (32bit) - although Windows should work with most legacy 32bit programs. Someone who uses Windows 7 would have to advise you there.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had the same problem -- then you mentioned 32 bit / 64 bit compatibility. When I installed it, it installed in Program Files, not Program Files (x86) where 32 bit programs go. I changed the install directory to that, and the problem was solved. Weird that it worked at first.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't pay attention then to which folder installation went to. Anyway, a few months ago I had to reformat the hard drive for some reason in my computer. I reinstalled the programs I needed and among other things also installed My MP4Box again. I can open My MP4Box up now. And works with no problems ever since.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello. I post here because I thought it best not to open a new thread about this.

I, too, am having this problem with My MP4Box GUI.The window doesnt show when I open the application. I see the program running in Task Manager and its notification icon shows up and so does the taskbar icon.
    If I right click the notification icon it gives me two options "Show window" and "Exit" - "Show window" does, of course, nothing whilst Exit closes the application.
    If I spam the taskbar icon I get a flashing image of the upper left corner of the application but only the outlined Windows window with the logo and icon showing.

When I first installed the program I did so to "Program Files" and the application ran fine - for a while. I ended up having the same problem as I do now and thats when I found this thread.
    As I have Win7x64 I reinstalled it in "Program Files (x86)" and it worked fine... - for a while.
    I am now having the same problem and I have tried installing the program on different drives and directories, without any positive results.

I run v0.6.0.6.7 which I downloaded off Videohelp.com.

Is this a common problem for My MP4Box GUI?

And if so, and if there is no solution; Is there an alternative? I need an MP4 Muxer that have drag and drop feature.
    The best would of course be to get it fixed.

Thanks for your time, any help is much appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I really can't tell you anything reasonable to solve this problem. Like I mention in my previous post, ater some time for some reason I had to do formatting of my hard drive. Once I did this and reinstalled My MP4Box GUI among my other programs the problem has gone.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Maybe try MeGUI as an alternative for the moment. It has several muxers under it's Tools menu. It's MP4 muxer uses MP4Box for the actual muxing. I don't think it'll let you drag and drop but you should be able to select individual video and audio streams for muxing (rather than only being able to remux existing files).

Video To Video Converter has a remux option to choose from amongst it's conversion presets. It'll remux a variety of formats.

At one stage I had a problem with MeGUI's MP4 muxer using one PC while it worked fine on another. I had to roll MP4Box back to a previous version to get it to work. Since I've reformatted I've had no problems with it. Computers.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So, I got the mymp4boxGUI and got really used to it. Then one fine day it just stops working. Just like all you guys, I too could see the icon in my task bar and the options were "Show window and Exit". The first one didn't show anything, but exit, it did! I then followed Harley's advise here ( thanks mate)

When I first installed the program I did so to "Program Files" and the application ran fine - for a while. I ended up having the same problem as I do now and that's when I found this thread.
    As I have Win7x64 I reinstalled it in "Program Files (x86)" and it worked fine... - for a while.
    I am now having the same problem and I have tried installing the program on different drives and directories, without any positive results.
    For now My mp4gui is back, and I'm glad. But if it stops again, I guess I'll just have to look for another programme.
    Quote Quote  
  11. had this problem myself. the fix has nothing to do with where you install the program. seems that the window gets placed somewhere outside of the screen. to fix this, go to task manager > applications, right-click My MP4Box GUI and then maximize. after that, you can move the window around as you wish.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by theWallflower View Post
    I had the same problem -- then you mentioned 32 bit / 64 bit compatibility. When I installed it, it installed in Program Files, not Program Files (x86) where 32 bit programs go. I changed the install directory to that, and the problem was solved. Weird that it worked at first.
    I just want to say that I had this problem and I tried this and it worked. Thanks a lot!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have this problem. I open mymp4 box GUI and upload a video file h264 and an AAC audio file. I push MUX and nothing happens. Does anyone know anything?

Windows 8.1 64bit system.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just go to the task manageer and click to get it bigger. The you see it.
    Quote Quote