VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a BBC DVD that I am experimenting using Fair Use Wizard to rip to avi.
    First, however, when I play the original DVD, I can only find 3 parts, the main video (2hr27min),
    behind the scenes (26min) and deleted scenes (18min). This clearly corresponds to the Fair Use Wizard chain/stream index. (See attached screenshot.) My question is, what are the 3 additional streams (circled in red)?
    I certainly can't find anything corresponding to these 3 extra streams when I play the original DVD.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	4745  

Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The three you have circled are probably individual episodes or parts and the 2:27:05 is all 3 combined into 1 file/title.

Most episodic dvd's are like this.

Did you lose your calculator ?

Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply.
    Yep, now I see that. The 3 entries that I circled red add up to the 2hr27min main video (that was incidentally split into 3 parts when playing the DVD). I guess what I don't fully understand is why they need to do it that way. I mean, it seems the 3 parts (circled in red) are just a superfluous copy of what is already on the DVD. Why have the same data twice on the DVD?
    EDIT: Something a little screwy. All those chains add up to more than 8.5GB (capacity of dual layer disk).
    Last edited by jimdagys; 16th Dec 2010 at 13:46.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimdagys View Post
    EDIT: Something a little screwy. All those chains add up to more than 8.5GB (capacity of dual layer disk).
    Seriously.... you think in some magical land on the good ship lollipop, they were able to fit more GB's onto a dual layer dvd than what a dual layer dvd can actually hold ?

It is just the way the dvd's are authored, you can choose to watch 1 episode at a time, then you will return to the main/episode menu after each EP is finished, or all episodes concurrently, one after the other as one long video, hence the "play all" button.

FU, and other programs, just show the info contained in the IFO files, not the actual video's/files/content on the disc's.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It's that new, super secret government DVD7 media...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    It's that new, super secret government DVD7 media...
    Actually it would be the new governments super duper top secret dvd-17!!!!!

Quote Quote  
  7. With these new 16GB (about $20 on sale at Microcenter) usb memory sticks, I like to use Fair Use Wizard to copy the DVD to avi on USB memory stick and then watch on computer. Get rid of all the fbi/advertisment crap and get right to the movie.
    Last edited by jimdagys; 28th Dec 2010 at 17:33.
    Quote Quote